- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
- Unit Categories
- Other Items of Note
- 13 June 2019: Clan Box Set (Frabby)
- CGL announced today that they will launch a Kickstarter next month for the Clan Starter Box Set that fans have been clamoring for.
- 27 May 2019: Forgotten Worlds - Book 3 bought by CGL (Frabby)
- Herb Beas' manuscript for the third book of the Forgotten Worlds series was bought by CGL for publication (which will properly canonize it). As a consequence of the deal, the chapters published as fan fiction so far were redacted, save for the first two.
- 15 April 2019: Forgotten Worlds - Book 3 script published (Frabby)
- On the BattleTech Forum, author and ex-Line Developer Herbert A. Beas has begun publishing the hitherto unpublished third part of the Forgotten Worlds serial, titled "Escape from Jardine". Mind that, at this point, the publication is inofficial and thus technically amounts to fan fiction.
- 11 April 2019: BattleTech Fiction nominated for award (Frabby)
- Two short stories from the Legacy anthology, Swords of Light and Darkness and End of the Road, have been nominated by the International Association of Media Tie-in Writers for their 2019 Scribe Award.
- 07 February 2019: 2018 Founder's Awards (Nicjansma)
- The BattleTechWiki Founders Awards give recognition to all of the amazing community members and their contributions over the last year. Please cast your vote for your the community members you think made the biggest impact for the 2018 Founders Awards.
- 01 January 2019: Happy New Year (Frabby)
- Sarna.net BTW broke a record this past year, with 3770 new articles created! And there's yet more cool new stuff on the horizon. This is definitely a good time to be a BattleTech fan. ;) May our great community grow even larger in the new year.
- 27 November 2018: House Arano sourcebook announced (Frabby)
- Following the sometimes intense and passionate discussions on the BattleTech Forum (and elsewhere) about the BattleTech computer game by Harebrained Schemes and its adherence to established BattleTech canon, HBS and Catalyst Game Labs dropped something of a bombshell by announcing House Arano (The Aurigan Coalition) as an upcoming product. Fully canonical, it is to be set right after the conclusion of the Arano Restoration storyline from the game, and is expected to canonize most if not all of the new content created by HBS for their game including the Aurigan Reach periphery region and its history.
- 22 November 2018: New Releases (BrokenMnemonic)
- In October Catalyst Game Labs announced a planned stream of mini-releases running over the next few months. To date, the following new products have been released as a part of this stream:
- 26 October: Spotlight On: Unending Faith and Touring the Stars: Regis Roost
- 09 November: Touring the Stars: Hall
- 16 November: Turning Points: Orbisonia
- 30 November: Spotlight On: Holt's Hilltoppers
- 07 December: Touring the Stars: Tortuga Prime
- 04 January: Touring the Stars: Sherwood
- 19 January: Spotlight On: Crimson Seeker Star
- 02 February: Spotlight On: Nakayama's Blood and Touring the Stars: Herotitus
- 15 March: Operational Turning Points: Fronc Reaches
- 29 March: Turning Points: Tokasha
- 03 February 2019 (Frabby)
- Our Policy:Notability has been revised, and was substantially altered in the process by User Consensus. We now positively embrace Stub articles as preferrable over summary list articles going forward.
A related but separate result is that we chose to abandon the concept of "minor" for categories and other articles, because it is deemed too subjective, impossible to properly define, and ultimately unhelpful. Avoid this word.
- 30 January 2019 (Nicjansma)
- We've added a new ad slot in the right column for Community Ads. If you have a BattleTech-related project that you'd like to get some free advertising for, please check out the Community Ads section.
Please add your comments to these 'hot' issues: