- Unit Categories
- Other Items of Note
- 15 January 2017: Server Maintenance (Nicjansma)
- At approximately 7am EST 15 January 2017, the sarna.net server will be undergoing maintenance and a migration to new hardware. Please expect some downtime. MediaWiki will also be upgraded, so there may be some things temporarily broken. If you encounter any issues, please let me know or tweet at @SarnaNet
- 10pm EST: Server maintenance is complete. Apologies for any downtime today. Please let me know if you encounter issues. (Nicjansma)
- 01 January 2017: Happy New Year (Frabby)
- 2016 is over, and even though the overall yearly amount of new articles seems to be decreasing slowly compared to the early boom years (a sign that we're getting somewhere with this wiki project), Sarna BTW has rushed past the 20,000 article count and has seen over 700 new articles created. Let's hope we can keep it up in the new year.
2017 is bound to be great as BattleTech goes. Several major releases have been announced, not only from CGL but also (tentatively) from Harebrained Schemes with their BattleTech video game and from Piranha Games with their announced single-player MechWarrior 5 game, both of which will draw even more new players into our little universe.
- 24 December 2016: 'Mechy Christmas (Frabby)
- So it's holiday season again. Without much ado, we wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Have a good and peaceful time.
- 26 October 2016: 20,000th article (Frabby)
- Today, the 20,000th article was created on Sarna. This marks Sarna (and BattleTech) as one of the biggest fan wiki projects out there.
Numbers are arbitrary as articles are continuously created and occasionally also deleted (and aren't numbered), but at this time, the honor of being the 20,000th article goes to the article about the DropShip Gorgon Gal.
- 7 October 2016: Assistant LD Ben Rome steps down (Frabby)
- Long-time Assistant BattleTech Line Developer Ben H. Rome announced on his homepage that as of 7 October 2016 he was no longer Assistant Line Developer, and not working for BattleTech or CGL anymore. Raised to the position by his gaming friend and then-Line Developer Herb Beas (who left the LD position in 2013), he had himself declined the LD position and had been hinting for some time already that he might retire. Ben Rome's work includes the acclaimed The Wars of Reaving and Combat Manual: Kurita and is held in particularly high esteem by the fan base, who had nothing but praise and good wishes for him and expressed regret at his decision to leave BattleTech.
- 25 May 2016: 2015 Founder's Awards (Nicjansma)
- Please congratulate the winners of the 2015 Founders Awards, giving recognition to all of the amazing community members and their contributions over the last year.
- November 9th, 2016 (Doneve)
- The moratoriums for Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 5 have expired. BTW Editors are now free to make edits using these sources as a reference.
- October 12th, 2016 (Doneve)
- The moratoriums for First Succession War (Source Book) have expired. BTW Editors are now free to make edits using these sources as a reference.
- September 28th, 2016 (BrokenMnemonic)
- The moratoriums for Combat Manual: Mercenaries, Interstellar Operations, Touring the Stars: McEvedy's Folly and Touring the Stars: Butte Hold have expired. BTW Editors are now free to make edits using these sources as a reference.
- August 23rd, 2016 (BrokenMnemonic)
- The moratoriums for Touring the Stars: Promised Land and Touring the Stars: Inglesmond have expired. BTW Editors are now free to make edits using these sources as a reference.
Please add your comments to these 'hot' issues: