two new weapon systems.

Pages: 1
Vicen_Korel
12/18/03 09:12 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Light PPC
2 tons, 2 crits, 4 heat, 6 damage, 4 Short, 8 medium, 12 long

Designed for use with protomechs, The light ppc was supposed to give the protos a way to combat battlemechs, the insane cost, and time needed to minaturize the ppc has give pause to even the clan's normally willing research arm. while the results can't be denied, the Clan Nova Cat Khan, has yet to decide if he will all the Light PPC to go into production (aka you guys tell me if this is a good idea or bad idea, is it too powerful?)

Splatter laser
3 tons, 3 crits, 8 damage, 6 heat, 4 short, 7 medium, 10 long

The splatter laser was developed when a mechwarrior fired is large laser after the focusing crystal had be cracked. Instead of just blowing up on him the laser shot many smaller beams that hit numerous time on the Mad Cat the pilot was facing. One of the smaller beams hit the cockpit and kill the Mad Cat's pilot leaving the inner sphere mechwarrior to limp back to his base and tell the engineers about the discovery. Since then the weapon has been tweaked and manufactured on a prototype basis.

The splatter laser actually shoots 4 2 point lasers. roll to hit has normal then roll on the SRM 4 missile chart. note that nothing modifies the roll on the chart, nothing. these are the number of smaller shot that hit. Roll location for each of the beams that hit. (again what do you think, and if you don't like it how would you fix it?)

Thanks for your time everyone!
"Nothing sends your love like an ER PPC"
--Vicen Korel
tgsofgc
12/18/03 09:28 PM

if you search the forum i think you'll find someone already put up stats a long time ago for a "Light PPC," Rotwang I think....
Anyways the "splatter laser" could be cool but I think it should have a range shorter than SRMs to make a reason to still use SRMs, also I would like a better name, perhaps:
Barrage Laser
Fracture Laser
well thats my 2 cents take it for what its worth... or lack there of.
I find that 'pinpoint' accuracy during a bombing run increases proportionally with the amount of munitions used.
-Commander Nathaniel Klepper,
Avanti's Angels, 3058
Vicen_Korel
12/18/03 09:33 PM

i would personally still like the SRM myself, less heat, less weight, less space. but, 3 short 6 medium, 9 long
--Vicen Korel
CrayModerator
12/19/03 05:22 AM

Quote:

is it too powerful?)

The Clan MPL matches or outperforms the Light PPC on all counts, and had that spiffy -2 to-hit bonus, so no it isn't too powerful.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Vicen_Korel
12/19/03 05:30 AM

Graci
--Vicen Korel
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5211

Contact Admins Sarna.net