Ban Felt Tip Pens!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1
Karagin
06/05/02 11:15 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
http://www.winamp.com/news.jhtml?articleid=9242 > http://www.winamp.com/news.jhtml?articleid=9242

Let's all get Congress to ban felt tip pens!

And in related news:

http://www.winamp.com/news.jhtml?articleid=9241 > http://www.winamp.com/news.jhtml?articleid=9241

Gotta love the protection this CD gives you.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
novakitty
06/05/02 11:50 PM

On the bright side, no good music is yet using the "PC-kill" copy protection.
meow
Karagin
06/06/02 12:47 AM

Give it time...once word get's around they will start...and then we will see folks complain to no end over it.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
novakitty
06/06/02 10:16 AM

There is hope.

Step 1: People stop buying music with this security method.

Step 2: Eminem goes bankrupt

Step 3: Everyone else in the world spontaneously grows more intelligent and decides to stop whining.

On second thought, you are probably right, step 3 seems less likely every day.
meow
Black_Phoenix
06/06/02 10:40 AM

Ban felt tip pens? Oh, yeah. That will help. Until someone finds something more common and essential to life that does the same thing to a CD.

Just another case of people trying to feel all powerful by controling the lives of others.

As for the CD, who does not like the "Blue Screen of Death" (as I have heard it referred to)?
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Spartan
06/06/02 11:48 AM

>>"Step 3: Everyone else in the world spontaneously grows more intelligent and decides to stop whining.

On second thought, you are probably right, step 3 seems less likely every day. "

I highly doubt it. My friend and I came up with a theory on intelligent decisions: The likelyhood of a course of action being chosen is inversely proportional to how much sense it makes. In other words, when given more than one option a person will pick the one that makes the least sense.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
CrayModerator
06/06/02 02:23 PM

Dear, God. I wasn't aware of how dangerous a threat felt tip pens were! Why, this could undermine the entire music industry!

I, for one, shall take up the crusade to ban these subversive implements of anarchy posthaste.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Greyslayer
06/06/02 02:32 PM

Ban the CD!!! The Felt-Tip pens were here first!!

Greyslayer
KamikazeJohnson
06/06/02 05:19 PM

Good point...if it can be demonstrated that CDs, by their nature, are vulnerable to this type of tampering, and if a format should arise that can not be tampered with in this fashion, then according to the DMCA, CDs ought to be illegal. Ditto VHS, cassette tapes, floppy drives, hard drives, pencil and paper...
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
06/06/02 06:13 PM

Makes you wonder if some heads are *softer* than felt...

And makes you very thankful for people whose heads *aren't* felt--like Eric Flint & Co. at Baen Books's great Free Library.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
SoyBigHead
06/06/02 06:26 PM

...and i dont own a Mac, theres two reasons why I wont have to worry about the eminem show crashing my computer; sides its probably not the anti-copying software that doesnt work (my friend had the entire CD burned 2 days before its OFFICIAL release); its probably Apple's "Family-Friendly" programming techniques that gag on Em's foul mouth ;-)
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
novakitty
06/06/02 06:37 PM

The mp3s (which flood the internet) do not have this copy protection, so you could burn your own copy of the CD from the mp3s with no trouble.
However, the official CD is designed to cause physical damage to any computer it is put in.
meow
NathanKell
06/06/02 07:53 PM

The protection is *physical*, on the CD...since the mp3s were copied from the audio the protection has nothing to do with them.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
novakitty
06/15/02 07:53 PM

In some versions of Windows, there is an option (though extraordinarily obscure and well hidden) to change the color of the screen of death.
meow
MadWolf
06/19/02 02:04 PM

After reading this my second carrer choice is becomeing more and more like my first, the life guard of the gene pool, that way i can go to these people and say " youve been swiming way to long" Click BANG! and end all that is stupid. I hate people that have nothing better to do with there life than make mine more miserable.
Nothing is Impossible, It is only Improbable.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6383

Contact Admins Sarna.net