Enterprise Cancelled

Pages: 1
Karagin
02/05/05 01:12 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30331

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30302[/url]

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30325

Guess it was going to happen given that UPN kept moving it around and then sticking it up against three powerhouses on Firday night...SG-1, SG-A and BSG.

I liked the show and thanks to my wife and our DVR, I was able to keep up with the show while in Iraq. It was a good day when I got the pacakges from her with the two DVDs filled with SG1 and SGA and Enterprise.

What did you folks think of the show?
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Greyslayer
02/07/05 08:00 PM

Okay, what is SG1, BSG and SGA?

SG1 = Stargate perhaps?
SSFSX17
02/07/05 10:41 PM

SG1: Stargate SG-1

BSG: Battlestar Galactica

SGA: Stargate Atlantis

All on the Sci-Fi channel.
Lousy good-for-nothing mortals. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Karagin
02/07/05 10:43 PM

Stargate = SG1 that is the team name and what most fans call the show.

BSG = BattleStar Galatica

SGA = Stragate Atlantis

Do you guys get the Sci-Fi channel in Australlia? Wondering since Farscape was flimed there and all....
Karagin

Greyslayer
02/07/05 11:45 PM

not to my knowledge.

I had a look through the online tv guide and no channel dedicated to sci-fi shows exist. Then again variety is limited with a population of 20 million in area as large or larger than the US.

I do know they have 'specials' which could be entire seasons run back to back every now and then but I don't have 'cable' so I wouldn't know where to look for that.

We do have SG1 and I am curious about SGA (Battlestar miniseries starts this week on free-to-air but I have already seen the miniseries on DVD). I gather this is the series after the scene-setting miniseries you are talking of?

Lots of movies/series are/were made here. I think the pilot series of Space (or whatever it was) was made here as I knew one of the blokes working on the set.

The original Riddock movie was also made here. Aussies also win many awards to technical expertise in films such as the use of robotic animals etc.
Karagin
02/07/05 11:59 PM

BattleStar Galatica the Series is on SciFi, which takes things beyond the pilot mini-series, it's a remake of the original as you already know.

SGA has the SG1 team finding Atlantis and it's set in a different universe then Earth and has it's own bad guys etc...it's not too bad and actually is a refershing look at things.

Yes the Sci-fi Channel is a Satillite/Cable channel, so if you don't have either then you don't have it...

SciFi is one of the better channels on TV in my opinion, they at least stick to that format, with occasional horror flick tossed in and they have Dark Shadows...waiting for Doc. Who...or Red Dwarf.
Karagin

phoenix
02/14/05 03:15 AM

Quote:

SGA has the SG1 team finding Atlantis and it's set in a different universe then Earth

Same universe, different galaxy. Just a clarification
Phoenix
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7458

Contact Admins Sarna.net