Gundam Heavy Arms

Pages: 1
RavageMK2
03/11/05 07:10 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've been tinkering with a Gundam Wing -> Battletech project.

Here's my work on one of the Gundams from that series, which due to it's armaments in the series, is easiest to convert(no beam sword or other exotic tech)

Copied from Heavy Metal Pro(HMP) Tech Info Screen:

Gundam Heavy Arms GHA-01a

Level 2 IS Biped

Walk/Run/Jump: 4/6/4

Mass: 55 tons(Medium Mech)
Internal structure: Endosteel
Engine: 220 DAV XL Fusion
Heatsinks: 10 double

Armor:
Head: 9
Center Torso: 27/9 (Front/Rear)
Left/Right Torsos: 20/6
Arms: 18
Legs: 26

Weapon payload:
2 Lrm 5's in Left and Right Torso, 1 each(schoulder section, where they are in the anime)
2 Rotary AC/2 in Left and Right Torso(chest gatling guns)
Machinegun in head
2 Lrm 5's in the Left and Right Leg, one each(yes, it actually has them there in the series)

Ammo count:
LRM: 24 shots(6 salvo's)
RAC2: 45 shots(22.5 to 3.75 salvo's, depending on fire modes used)
Machinegun: 100 shots

Everything from Heavy Arms I could rebuild with HMP.

Absent stuff includes the flip out arm blade and the detachable arm mouted gatling gun. And the torso cockpit, which the level 3 version of this design fixes.

Heat production/sink is 20-24/20. The 1 to 4 overheat is from movement modes. Full barrage from everything(including the 12 RAC/2 shots) is completely covered by sinks.

BV: 1169, according to HM Pro
Lone_Wolf_Radick
03/12/05 08:58 AM

Seeing ideas of this nature strike me as a double edged sword-

One the one hand, the potential for new variants and a postponement of stagnation due to an influx of new mechs is a wonderful thing to this game...

On the other hand, one can't help but think of the whole "robotek- Battletech" issue whenever a cross series idea is presented, and it always makes me shudder...

That being said, you can fairly equate the gundam without "exotic" tech... Protomechs have weapons they can drop or detach, and what of RL-10's? it may not be a gatling gun, per se, but it's a one shot detachable weapon... And I hate to bring up an example of another cross series design, but remember the Phoenix Hawk LAM? IIRC it carried a detachable weapon, n'est pas?

As for the sword, you can get away with that too, only it's not a beam type, just rather more like a club or a hatchet or so... if you can fit in TSM you'd have a nice little melee brawler on your hands with enough LR punch to keep a battle respectable, at least for an IS mech...

-Wolf
War Never Determines who is right, only who is left.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing-Darth Vader"
JackGarrity
09/21/06 08:51 AM

*hehs* I specced the H.arms as well. though mines assault and did with TDB. Tried to build Sandrock,Shen Long and Deathsycthe, but.. with the limitations of melee weapons for BT.. they sucked. Wing, would be iffy as well.. 2x Lt MG (head vulcans) 2x Heavy MGs (shoulder machine cannons) a PPC (buster rifle) and a Sword. not much for a battlemech, though could probbaly have a huge jump capacity.
Greetings Mechwarrior.
KamikazeJohnson
09/21/06 05:11 PM

If you could switch the PPC for a Large Pulse Laser and fit it all on a reasonably mobile 30-45 tonner (5/8/5 or faster) you could have a respectable close-range fighter with accuracy and versatility making up for raw firepower.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 263 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5574

Contact Admins Sarna.net