NBWF-OoF Gunman

Pages: 1
Fang
09/08/06 12:20 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
this is a mech I was going toying with submitting for Neveron. It was not met with much enthusiasm when I presented it to friends to get feedback, so here it is for your enjoyment and derision. All tech is IS
NBWF-OoF Gunman (mix of my chatnicks and then emp name created the designation.NewBloodWhiteFang-OrderOftheFang)
95 tons
Biped
XL engine
14 double heatsinks
15.5 tons of FerroFibrous armor
standerd Internal
LA/LTAC-20
LT AC-ammo5
LT AC-ammo5
LT AC-ammo5
LT Flamer
LT CASE
RA/RT AC-20
RT Large Laser
Walk:4
Run:6
Armor:
Head 9
CT 46/14
RT/LT 31/9
RA/LA 32
RL/LL 40
has useable hands

Overview:
Designed and built at the request of one Lord Fang, ruler of several small empires on our great world of Neveron, this mech is a testament to Fang's obsession with the dualing arenas. It is rumored he drew up the plans himself. He wanted a mech that could drop another assault mech in its tracks, and one that struck a memorable visage as well. The extra light engine used in the prototype, as well as the ferro fibrous armor which covers the titans frame were procurred from salvage and reverse engineered. Tragically, the knowledge gained from this procedure was lost to Neveron in a freak lab accident which destroyed all information.
Capabilities:
The autocannons are mounted to appear as wide bore pistols in the mechs hands, with exposed ammo feeds for visual effect.This arrangement also helps alleviate a troublesome jamming issue which arose during testing. The feeds themselves are armored to reduce the risk of a hit touching off an explosion. The Magna Mk III Large Laser gives it a longe range sting, and the Zippo flamer keeps the infantry at bay.
Deployment:
No known deployment of the Gunman is known at this time. Yet oddly, one has been seen battling in the arenas. No word has been heard of how the mech was procurred or who the pilot is. Persisting rumors is that the pilot is the designer, Fang. He has denied all allogations of this as of this writing.
Battle History:
no history is known of at this time of the mechs performance in battle. The one mystery Gunman seen in the dualing arenas has racked up an impressive string of wins, though. It is thought the designers allowed this one model to leave the lab as a kind of advertisment to potential buyers.
Variants:
There has been talk of replacing the ballistic cannons with longe range missles, or ppcs to have the mech fill a fire support role, but the designers are loathe to give up the signature dual cannon weilding visage of the Gunman. There has also been the suggestion of replacing the autocannon with gauss rifles, but that technology is still beyond the reach of our scientists.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....

Edited by Fang (09/08/06 12:25 PM)
Fang
09/08/06 02:02 PM

any ideas? feedback? not the most complete TRO for a mech, I know.
coldwave
09/08/06 08:58 PM

Hmmm. I can see where you're going, but I dunno. Doesn't seem very cost effective. I mean, FerroFibrous and an XL engine in a 95 ton mech that is meant to be an in-your-face brawler. Simple fact is, if it looses a torso, it's dead. Damage over-all is fairly nasty close range, but in heavy terrain, it won't have the maneuverability to bring its weapons to bear. Top it off with a 25 million C-Bill cost, and you've got a mech that is powerful, speedy for it's size (but slow compared with everything else), and very cost-prohibitive. I deffinately wouldn't use it in the field. As for the arena's, I could see it performing reasonably well. But, again, the XL engine is a major gamble. Good idea, but not very practical IMHO. Good try though. Try to see if you can work something similar without the XL engine.

- coldwave

Edited by coldwave (09/08/06 09:03 PM)
cbtgod
09/09/06 03:47 PM

well i dont favor ammo mechs they go booooooooom. i would dump the ac-20 for say 1 ppc. and a few more direct fire weapons large lasers or a few med with a srm 6 pack to help get crits? in the nev wold we dont have lvl 2 or 3 tech yet? but you mech has good armor and and a solid idea you just need to tweek it
yes its a toad, if you didnt know that you dont know anything about cbt
Chameleon
09/10/06 12:47 AM

in Nev we do have level 2 tech, they're DP only (Stone Rhino, etc....).

but beyond that, I'm just curious why you even bother with having CASE? I mean, if you get an ammo hit, even with the CASE, wouldn't your engine be killed?
You know when it comes to racism, people say: " I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green"... Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people! - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em.
cbtgod
09/10/06 01:49 AM

imho dp mechs dont count they arent on the normal market? ive dropped dp mechs with nondp mechs all day its the player not the mech?
yes its a toad, if you didnt know that you dont know anything about cbt
Fang
09/11/06 01:56 PM

true, even with case, the engie would die,but the mech and pikot would survive. the force of the explosion would take out the left torso, and the engine crits there. mech would take engine hits, not not explode. whole purpose behind CASE, to make sure mech and pilot survive.
Fang
09/11/06 05:22 PM

I guess I could downgrade the AC/20 to and AC/10, but htat would seriously degrade the sheer firepower up close of the mech. Maybe drop one of the cannons in favor of a PPC or larger laser type weapon and heat sinks.
Greven
09/12/06 08:15 AM

This Mech would not be very popular for some reason:
- low range. In LW you want to kill the enemy before he can get close.
- Ammo dependant
- High Tonnage/OMT/Cost
- only 9 Headarmor
CrayModerator
09/12/06 08:21 AM

Quote:

- only 9 Headarmor

In Battletech, 9 is the maximum armor you can have on the head.

If Neveron's different, peachy. Pour on more head armor.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
CrayModerator
09/12/06 08:23 AM

Quote:

but beyond that, I'm just curious why you even bother with having CASE? I mean, if you get an ammo hit, even with the CASE, wouldn't your engine be killed?

In Battletech - I don't know about Neveron - CASE is important for salvaging your very expensive XL mech. 3 engine crits and a destroyed side torso only take about a day for a good technician to repair.

Without the CASE, you just have 25 million CB of metallic confetti.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Fang
09/12/06 09:22 AM

Cray is right. in BattleTech, CASE is very important, especially when the mech uses an XL engine. Also, in BattleTech, 9 is the max for head armor. since I have found no design specifications for mechs in Neveron, I used the design rules for Battletech. thus, the units could be used in battletech as well.
Fang
09/12/06 09:27 AM

New Variants, I sat and worked out last night.

NBWF-LW1 Gunman
The first known variant gives the Gunman long range reach at the cost of close quarters punch. replacing the right hand autocannon with a single LRM20 and two tons of ammo, and rounding out the weaponry with an additional two medium lasers, this makes the Gunman a more versatile design.

NBWF-LW2 Gunman
Going further to make the design more appealing to commanders in the field , this design drops the right hand autocannon and large laser in favor of an LRM15, two tons of ammo, a PPC, and three medium lasers. While this does raise the heat profile, this variant has proven most effective in field tests and has caught the attention of several potential buyers
Fang
09/13/06 03:45 PM

I had someone suggest replacing the remaining AC/20 with the newer IS version LBX AC/20. Mech with a ShotGun!

Edited by Fang (09/13/06 04:13 PM)
JackGarrity
09/22/06 06:09 AM

o.O give it a metal cowboy hat(extra armor. Call it the Eastwood, Clint, Eastwood *runs and hides now*
Greetings Mechwarrior.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 228 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8206

Contact Admins Sarna.net