GZT-MINO-3D Minotaur

Pages: 1
Fang
11/15/06 04:35 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
"An 80 ton axe wielding monster from mythology... the Minotaur." At this point in the advertisement, a large fast moving mech explodes out of a completely harmless high rise on some obscure proving grounds. The mech it self is as tall as a BattleMaster with reverse kneed metallic hoofed legs, a bovine shaped head with two large forward sweeping horns, and a huge double bitted axe in the right hand. Enter...the Minotaur.
Capabilities:
the Minotaur was born out of a desire for a fast moving quick strike assault, as well as a common heard comment" Why are all decent assault designs 100tons?" GZT took the best tech it had on hand ( still, not the greatest, but keep reading. maybe something interesting will happen) and married it to an 80 ton chassis. The Minotaur is equipped with rated 400 extra light engine, to give it unprecedented movement for it's weight class, and 12 and a half tons of Ferro Fibrous armor. It mounts an Extended Range Particle Cannon for long range punch, and Large Laser to deter attackers from getting closer. for those that do close with the Minotaur, the pilot can unleash dual SRM6 launchers. The ammo for the launchers is less than most test pilots desired, but considering that the missiles are not the mechs selling point, the oversight was ignored. The "horns" on the mech are actually its sensor arrays, hidden in protective armored coverings that give the mech its horned appearance. still, it was tempting for several test pilots to try to use the horns in ramming attacks, but with varied results. The visage of a monster come to life is helped along by the head mounted flamer, which has twin nozzles where the creature's "nose" would be. The real up close and personal weapon of the Minotaur is the overly large double bit axe it wields in its right hand. The axe can be used in one or two handed attacks to devastating effect ( Ok, I know that two handed axe attacks are not really allowed, but c'mon. that would be really cool to watch. an 80 ton axe wielding mech swinging the axe down in a double handed arc to smash in the cockpit of the enemy). The Minotaur sports 10 double heatsinks to help cope with the heat created by the ranged weapons.
Deployment:
So far, several Minotaurs have been seen in the Solaris arena's and have been piloted to great effect. NO large orders or inquiries from any mercenary or house units have been reported at this time.
Variants:
There is currently work on a jump capable variant
GZT-MINO-3D Minotaur
80 tons
2nd level I.S.
walk-5
run-8
jump-0
heatsinks 10(20)
armor= ferro

Armor
H=9
CT=34/11
RT/LT=23/8
RA/LA=23
RL/LL=31
weapons and ammo
RA= Hatchet
RT= ER PPC
LT= 2 SRM6
ammo(SRM)15
LA= Large Laser
H= Flamer

note: I noticed this after the initial posting. the mech does not have a reverse kneed leg design, despite what the poorly writen fluff might say. oops, my bad
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Karagin
11/17/06 09:04 AM

Seems like a good Solairs 7 mech.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Fang
11/17/06 11:25 AM

I also made one more capable outside of the arena. The engine rating drops, and the mech ash 4/6/4 movement. the engine is still an XL version,a nd it mounts 15.5 tons of standard amor. the SRMs are replaced witha single LRM 15 launcher, 2 tons of ammo, and case. it also has 3 more double heatsinks.
Venom
11/19/06 12:04 AM

I'll have to try it against this:

http://www.sarna.net/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/134564/an/0/page/1#134564

Should be fun.
Fang
11/20/06 01:17 PM

that does sound interesting. let me know how it turns out if you do so.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 143 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5238

Contact Admins Sarna.net