Armour: Valiant Gothic with CASE
Armament:
1 Lord’s Light 2 ER PPC
4 Blakenburg Technologies ER Medium Lasers
2 Victory Heartbeat Medium Pulse Lasers
2 Guided Technologies Second Generation Streak SRM-4s
1 Flame Blade
Communications System: Garret O2j with Integrated C3i Computer
Targeting and Tracking System: Tek TruTrak with Integrated C3i Computer and Interlaced Targeting Computer
Primary Manufacturer: Com Guard
Primary Factory: Tukayyid

OVERVIEW

(--This is *NOT* an ego trip. This is for my namesake: Michael- the Arch-Angel of War.--)

The Com Guard have been at work on replicating Clan Targeting Computers ever since they captured examples of it during the Battle of Tukayyid. The Guard succeeded before House Davion did- a bare two years after the Battle of Tukayyid, compared with the NAIS’ debut of the technology three years ago-but have had no reason to use the Targeting Computer.

Until now.

The advent and widespread use of the revolutionary C3i Computer has made the Targeting Computer a much more attractive prospect; shots can be aimed, with the Targeting Computer, through the C3 link.

CAPABILITIES

Like the legendary Angels, the Michael can call down lightning-in this case, using the Lord’s Light 2 (--pun intended--) ER PPC. This weapon has extreme range and can cause significant damage; with the addition of C3 and Targeting capabilities, it becomes even more devastating. Unfortunately, this is the Michael’s sole long-range weapon; attempts to add LRM racks or a second PPC were abandoned due to overheating difficulties.

The bulk of the Michael’s weapons are suitable for engagement ranges of less than 300 metres. A quad-pack of ER Medium Lasers, backed up by a pair each of Medium Pulse Lasers and Streak SRM-4s provide the Michael with deadly mid-range firepower. Again, when added to C3 and Targeting capabilities, the Michael’s effectiveness is increased by an order of magnitude.

For use at short ranges, the Michael carries a Flame Blade. This prototypical Com Guard weapon was debuted on the highly successful Azmodai, and consists of a standard BattleMech Sword. Tiny pores throughout the blade allow burning plasma, taken from the 'Mech’s fusion engine, to be jettisoned at a steady rate, thus creating the effect of a blade of fire. The flow of engine plasma can be increased temporarily, allowing for a sheet of flame to shot out of the blade, immolating enemy infantry.

Like the legendary Angels, the Michael is capable of flight-albeit only for short distances. Three thruster modules mounted across the 'Mech’s back allow it to leap up to 90 metres in a single bound.

Finally, the 'Mech was equipped with Triple Strength Myomers, allowing it to make punishing physical attacks.

DEPLOYMENT

So far, only a hand-built prototype exists, undergoing testing on Tukayyid. However, it shows a great deal of promise and will likely be rushed into production.

COST ANALYSIS

A Michael will cost approximately 14,825,000 C-Bills to manufacture.

MY BLURB

Pop quiz: Name the Arch-Angels. Real ones, not recent Blizzard creations like Izual and Tyrael, and not creations of In Nomine, like Novalis and Janus.

How many did you get? Most people are familiar with the ‘Big Three’, composed of Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael.

Michael, my namesake, is the Arch-Angel of War, God’s lieutenant, Patron Saint of Soldiers, and-up until recently- the commander of Heaven’s armies. Michael single-handedly destroyed an army of 185,000 Assyrians in a single night.

Gabriel is the Arch-Angel of Fire, God’s messenger, and Patron Saint of Telecommunications and Messengers. Gabriel is said to have dictated the Koran to Mohammed.

I am not sure of Raphael’s exact role, but he has been said to work with Michael and the speculation is that he is the Rider of the White Horse in the Book of Revelation.

But there’s others as well. Uriel, once the Arch-Angel of Purity. Uriel was said to have Fallen, and was killed on the spot by God or Michael (accounts vary).

Phanuel is the Arch-Angel of Death. You may be familiar with his work in Genesis, where he kills the all of the first-born males of Egypt. Many think that Azrael is the Arch-Angel of Death, but to my (limited) knowledge Azrael was a Babylonian god. Reputedly, one of Michael’s ‘side-kicks’

Azmodai is the Arch-Angel of Vengeance, said to destroy those who would harm the pure of heart. Reputedly, another of Michael’s ‘side-kicks’.

Lawrence is the Arch-Angel of the Sword, Patron Saint of the Catholic Church, and leader of the Armies of Heaven. Lawrence is a fairly recent ‘addition’ to the ranks of the Arch-Angels; the first accounts of his presence were in the Crusades.

The last one that I know of is Domenic, the Arch-Angel of Judgement. He is said to stand at the Gates of Hell, watching for souls that have been wrongfully cast down, and plucks them to safety.

There may be more (probably is) but I don’t know of them.

Enough religion. Back to the 'Mech.

It needed a name. I had run out of clever ones. So I called it the ‘Michael’.

Obviously, we want to move in real close with this thing, slap ‘em stupid with the Medium Lasers, and then do a bit of crit-seeking with the Streaks. The Targeting Computer/C3 combo should work a treat. To activate TSM, Jump, turn off 1 Heat Sink, and use the Medium Lasers and SRMs. If you don’t want to Jump, use the PPC, 3 ER Medium Lasers, both the Medium Pulse Lasers, and Walk. To maintain the heat, use the Medium Laser battery and run. The numbers aren’t so great, I know, but it should prove enough.

MASS BREAKDOWNS

Engine: 19
Gyro: 3
Cockpit: 3
Internal Structure: 10
Armour: 19
CASE: .5
5 Additional Double Heat Sinks: 5
3 Jump Jets: 6
ER PPC: 7
4 ER Medium Lasers: 4
2 Medium Pulse Lasers: 4
2 Streak SRM-4s with 1 ton of Ammunition: 8
C3i Computer: 2.5
Targeting Computer: 4

GAME STATISTICS

Walking MP: 3 (4)
Running MP: 5 (6)
Jumping MP: 3

Total Heat Sinks: 15 (30) Double Heat Sinks

Notes: Equipped with Triple Strength Myomers and a C3i Computer.

ARMOUR DISTRIBUTION

Head: 9
Centre Torso: 47/14
Side Torsos: 32/10
Arms: 34
Legs: 41

BVs

1,977 (+290 for C3i)

LOCATIONS

7-Slot Sword, Flamer- Right Arm
1 Double Heat Sink, 1 ER PPC, 1 Medium Pulse Laser- Left Arm
1 Streak SRM-4- Head
1 Jump Jet, 1 Streak SRm-4- Centre Torso
1 Double Heat Sink, 2 ER Medium Lasers, 1 4-Slot Targeting Computer, 1 C3i Computer- Left Torso
1 Double Heat Sink, 2 ER Medium Lasers, 1 Medium Pulse Laser, 1 ton Streak SRM Ammunition, CASE- Left Torso

(Place Triple Strength Myomers in empty slots.)

Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
KamikazeJohnson
02/04/02 05:51 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I assume you aren't looking for Paul Simon's creation either?
"Fat Charlie the Arch-angel files for divorce..."

ok, ok, I should be able to answer your question, but right now, the only name that comes to mind is Uriel (and Gabriel, but IIRC, ol' Gabe is just an angel, not an Arch-angel...)
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
02/04/02 06:15 PM

Gabriel is an Arch-Angel, at least according to Catholicism and Islam (he/she, depending on religion) dictated the Koran to Mohammed. Muslims call him/her Jaibriol.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
12/30/06 02:41 PM

Interesting. I will be adding this one to my files.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
JackGarrity
01/01/07 01:44 AM

interesting, though fluff wize the jump jets could be added into 'wings' on the shoulders, perhaps a extra like 5 points of armor to each to repersent that, though Im not sure if myomers and ferro skeleton wings could work as well.
Greetings Mechwarrior.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 238 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4927

Contact Admins Sarna.net