Foray 101 GZT Prototype BA

Pages: 1
Fang
04/17/08 11:18 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok OK. I knw this is probably not a great design. Just remember that this is Ground Zero's first attempt at Battle Armor.

GZT-101A
Designation: Foray

Ground Zero and Stonkin Mechs, Inc need something to keep them competitive in today's marketplace.
Stonkin Mechs was looking for a unit that could get into and out of tight places unseen, but smaller than a battlemech or vehicle. Ground Zero felt that outside inquiries or purchases would draw too much attention to the mercenary unit, they set about experimenting with salvaged battle armor from battlefields past. So far, they have only been able to come up with the Foray.
The Foray is intended to fill a scouting role and as such it carries advanced sensor evasion armor, as well as an additional ECM suite. The magnetic clamps and heavy battle claw are to assist in hard to reach positions. The Foray is never meant to come into contact with mechs or some of the heavier battlefield elements, so its lone armament is a single machine gun to deal with nosy guards or infantrymen.
Max ground speed is 32.4 km while it has a jump capacity of 60meters. Several suits are already in the prototype stage, though it is felt that this design will not progress beyond R&D and warrant further study to aid in the production of more advanced battle suits.
Name: Foray
Model: 101

Chassis: Bipedal Medium (1000Kg)
Tech Base: Inner Sphere

Ground Speed: 32.4 Km/H
Jump Capability: 60 Meters
VTOL Speed: N/A
Underwater Speed: N/A

Armor:
Type: Improved Stealth
Weight: 390Kg

Equipment:
Body:
Ground Movement
Ground Movement
Ground Movement
Jump Jets
Jump Jets
ASys: Improved Stealth
Right Arm:
Heavy Battle Claw
Magnetic Clamps
ECM
Left Arm:
(IS) MG
Magnetic Clamps
Search Light

All Weapons - Combined Damage: 2

Cost: 535175 C-Bills
Estimated Battle Value: 114

update: There have been several unsubstantiated reports of strange battle armor matching the Foray's description making several raids on rival manufactuers plants as well as probing raids into the FWL.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....

Edited by Fang (04/17/08 04:33 PM)
Karagin
04/17/08 03:50 PM

Not too bad...I like the fluff.

I think this one would be something that would get made in the canon game.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Fang
04/22/08 09:42 AM

Seriously? this is my first attempt at any kind of battle armor or elemental suit. I have never used them in CBT, mechwarior, battletroops or clantroops. I actually own Clan Troops, but never played it. I thought about maybe going with a lot lighter armor and trying to make it a light design, to better fill the espionage role.
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Karagin
04/22/08 02:09 PM

It's fine, if you want it for the role you have in mind then use it. I think it would be something one of the Houses would come up with.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 156 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5372

Contact Admins Sarna.net