ICE vehicles fuel consumption?

Pages: 1
Tentakel
08/28/08 12:58 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Greetings,

got a question. I've been toying with the creation of an energy-weapon only unit for a campaign I'm playing. It's a combined arms unit (i.e. not just 'Mechs, it uses vehicles also). The reason for this unit is - like most/all energy-only weapon units - longevity and the ability to wage extended warfare with limited resources.

Here's my question: for the vehicle component of the unit, Fusion-based energy-only tanks like the Schrek or Savannah Master work just fine, but what about tanks that have internal combustion engines, like the 3025 Galleon or Skulker? It would work using BattleTech rules; however, the way I understand ICE engines, they need a continuous supply of fuel, just like a car does these days. If that's the case, they'd not be a good choice for my unit since, while they not rely on ammunition, they do require resources. But there's no rules for vehicles and fuel in BattleTech (unless I'm mistaken and I missed them). So far I'm assuming they'd work under rules but don't work when you add "fluff" (i.e. a realistic RPG aspect to the campaign).

Am I mistaken? Are there rules for this? Or am I wrong about ICE's?

Thanks,
Gene
CrayModerator
08/29/08 10:55 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Quote:

But there's no rules for vehicles and fuel in BattleTech (unless I'm mistaken and I missed them). So far I'm assuming they'd work under rules but don't work when you add "fluff" (i.e. a realistic RPG aspect to the campaign).

There are some rules for combat vehicles and fuel in the back of the CBT:Companion. Support Vehicles (found in the Combat Equipment Guide and Tech Manual) also have extensive rules for support vehicle fuel use that would be easy to adapt to combat vehicles.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4806

Contact Admins Sarna.net