Hello there everyone

Pages: 1
mechamaniac12
02/02/11 06:16 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hello there everyone My name is mechamaniac12. As you can tell I am a fan of mechs. A little curiousity here but what kind of tech rules would custom weapons come under?
I do occasionallty play megamek if I can get the time to. I Also like designing my own units as well.
CrayModerator
02/02/11 07:07 PM

Quote:

Hello there everyone My name is mechamaniac12. As you can tell I am a fan of mechs. A little curiousity here but what kind of tech rules would custom weapons come under?
I do occasionallty play megamek if I can get the time to. I Also like designing my own units as well.

There are no rules for custom weapons. Heavy Metal programs provide some support for them, but weapon design is not supported in published rules.

Which means you're free to do whatever you like.

Generally, custom weapons get better receptions from other players when the new weapons are comparable in effectiveness to other weapons of that faction. Dramatically more powerful weapons (and, often, weapons without a good backstory to explain them) are not so well received.

While custom weapons are not within the rules, custom 'Mechs, tanks, etc. are currently supported by Tech Manual (most units), Tactical Operations (advanced weapons and equipment, and some vehicle types), and Strategic Operations (large spacecraft like WarShips).
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
KJI_3x6
02/03/11 02:23 AM

cray! thats like real admin work you were called upon to do there, good job. did you hear neveron got sold! now you should come play it.
My d*** rumble in the jungle; your d*** got touched by your uncle.
My d*** double feature screen; your d*** went straight to dvd.

ME > you
mechamaniac12
02/03/11 08:59 AM

I see with the equipment that they have to be realistic and believable.

Anyway most of the equipment I make are generally used by either clans or by mercs there by making them more rare and exspensive.

Plus some of the equipments and units I will design will be used only by certain units and clans.

Edited by mechamaniac12 (02/03/11 12:26 PM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5791

Contact Admins Sarna.net