Help find Bin Ladin

Pages: 1
CrayModerator
10/02/01 02:06 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The NRO and CIA are getting a glut of close-up recon photos of Afghanistan and need some assistance processing them. Download them at:

http://www.fieler.com/terror/

You can make your contribution to hunting down and gaffing bin Ladin.

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Nightward
10/03/01 12:13 AM

Errr...

They already know where Bin Laden is. The Taliban announced they are holding him "For his own protection" and will "Hand him over for justice if enough evidence is presented."

If there is a peaceful way to resolve this, it should be taken. I hesitate to point this out, but ifyou think it's easier/better to send in the marines than it is to send in the lawyers, I think you are missing the point.

I think your high-ups should listen this time-if you do cross Afghanistan's borders, you are going to wind up in a world of trouble. At the very least, the US armed forces go home with egg on their faces....

"The man who opens his mouth in the presence of a woman does so only to change feet"
-Me.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
CrayModerator
10/03/01 06:53 AM

[sigh]

You didn't go to the link, did you?

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Black_Phoenix
10/03/01 07:25 AM

You are cold-hearted, cruel and downright mean. Good for you. With more poeple like you around we can finally bring down the status quo, ha ha ha ha. If you want another joke about the Afganastans there is one on stickdeath.com . It is a short and simple game but it is fun. Just watch for the Tali-van Towel Delivery Servive (large black vans, hence the joke).

*There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of Diplomacy, Compromise, and High Explosives or Tactical Nuclear Strikes.*
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Nightward
10/03/01 08:50 PM

Nope. But I did then, and I found it to be extremely tasteless.

"The man who opens his mouth in the presence of a woman does so only to change feet"
-Me.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
CrayModerator
10/04/01 06:32 AM

>Nope. But I did then, and I found it to be extremely tasteless.

I know! Tasteless, disgusting, politically incorrect, awful! I was completely offended that they would imply an unconvicted man should be shot down repeatedly and messily like a dog.

What was your top score? I haven't been able to break 36K, I keep shooting too many hostages.

DireWolf
10/04/01 01:20 PM

61,500 !!!! Mwuhahahahaha......

ROFLMAO !!!!

-Private LeV "Dire Wolf" Arris, IDF.

"Fight hard for what you believe in. Because if you do not, you will wake up one day and realize that there is nothing left for you to believe."
-Lt. Lev (Res. Inf.) "Dire Wolf" Arris, IDF.

"What is it like fighting the Wolf ? Imagine a lightning with legs, an earthquake with arms, a catastrophe with genius or just pure hell on wheels".
Bob_Richter
10/04/01 03:35 PM

80K even. Damned hostages.

:)

-Bob Richter
A dead primate is nobody's ancestor.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Black_Phoenix
10/04/01 04:34 PM

Top score: 80,000. Set just last night. I have no life.

*There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of Diplomacy, Compromise, and High Explosives or Tactical Nuclear Strikes.*
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.

Black_Phoenix
10/04/01 07:40 PM

*Add suspenseful music and close-up on the decleration of war. Then pres. Bush blows the whole scene by forgetting where he put his pen.*

Bob_Richter
10/04/01 09:24 PM

And I HAVE a life....at least in theory.

-Bob Richter
A dead primate is nobody's ancestor.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Nightward
10/04/01 09:39 PM

Good God above. What is with you people? This is not a game.

-Me.
Nightward
10/04/01 10:18 PM

Something of that nature is wrong. Be it a joke or not, that kind of website embodies the things that have led up to these problems.

There are enough depraved websites out there without adding more.

-Me.
CrayModerator
10/05/01 06:28 AM

Yes, that website embodies those things. That's why I laugh as I cap away at bin Laden (and the hostage when OBL hides behind him). The website is animated stupidity, and you've got to laugh at it.

Otherwise you're either laughing WITH it or, worse, you're not laughing at all. Grow up, plug bin Laden a few times, then write a letter to your Senator demanding the FBI, not the Marines, pull bin Laden out of Afghanistan.

You've already written to your Congressman, correct? My letter was rather like your first rant in this thread. (What, Nightward, did you think I support carpet bombing Afghanistan and approve of this game after my quasi-defense of the Taliban in the thread, "Bush Compares Taliban"?)

Nightward
10/08/01 01:01 AM

I am a rational semi-adult (18 years old). I know that nothing would happen if I wrote to anybody demanding that justice take Bin Laden rather than a US armed force. Also, I live in Australia. What the hell would I write to a US congressman for?

Besides, I have no faith in any 'Justice' system in te world aside from the 'Old Testament' style-'An Eye for an Eye, a Tooth for a Tooth'.

Recently, one of my friends was raped and them beaten into a coma. Her attacker was nailed to the wall as far as evidence went-they had DNA. He claimed that he was intoxicated and couldn't controll himself, etc etc etc. The Judge found he had 'Diminished Responsibilities' and ordered that he be impriosoned for a year, with parole after 6 months.

What the *HELL* is with that?

Bin laden would face a kangaroo court, but that's not the point.

-Me.
CrayModerator
10/08/01 06:24 AM

>Besides, I have no faith in any 'Justice' system in te world aside from the 'Old Testament' style-'An Eye for an Eye, a Tooth for a Tooth'

So. What's your objection to this game again?

>Also, I live in Australia. What the hell would I write to a US congressman for?

You seemed to have issues with the way the US government was handling bin Laden. Writing a congressman is about as effective as you can get, short of holding a protest in Washington, DC. I'm going to be really annoyed with you if the bombing was started because one US Congressman fell one letter short of deciding to hand over proof to the Taliban.

(Which means I probably won't be annoyed, but...)

Nightward
10/08/01 09:54 PM

My objection to thisd game is based upon its incredible tastelessness.

I had issues with the way everyone was handling Bin Laden. If he was not directly responsible for the attacks, he was at least associated with them. And even if he was not, he has still committed other atrocities and, as such, needs to be punished.

I was (and still am) angry that the US was placing the lives of innocents at risk to hunt Bin Laden.

-Me.
CrayModerator
10/09/01 06:32 AM

>My objection to thisd game is based upon its incredible tastelessness.

Hell, yeah it's tasteless! That's what's so fun about it. Laugh a little, enjoy it.

So, what's your high score?

Nightward
10/09/01 10:50 PM

*Sigh*

You're just not getting it...

-Me.
CrayModerator
10/10/01 06:42 AM

You mean the utter tastelessness of the game? I'm quite aware of that. Or that you find it tasteless? I'm aware of that, too. I think we even have the same definition of "tasteless." Please illuminate me if I missed something.

What should I do? Ignore everything that's rude, tasteless, and politically incorrect?

SoyBigHead
10/10/01 02:56 PM

i think hes trying to tell you that, because he finds it tasteless, he has declined to play it. Think of it like this: a new movie opens; you see the previews, deem it too tasteless, and decline to see it. thats what he is trying to point out to you. He's not telling you not to play it; just saying that he, personally, has decided not to play because he has higher standards than that...

"no one, ever has the time, to listen to me, see right thru me, this is getting hard to face no one ever sees me fall, and no one cares at all, this will only make you strong" River City High, "No One Cares"

Edited by SoyBigHead on 10/10/01 02:57 PM (server time).

"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
CrayModerator
10/10/01 03:40 PM

Well, yeah, I saw that. I understand that completely. I was trying to move him on to the next stage: coping with his outrage at how pathetic the game was.

You can a) bemoan its racist, bloody, tasteless nature and have no fun or b) laugh at its absurdity, shrug, say "screw it," and see how high you can get your score anyway.

Using your offensive movie analogy, if I only went to movies I thought were tasteful, had good plots, and were well-recommended, I'd see about 1 movie a year and actually enjoy about 1 every 3 years. Rather than making my life that miserable, I shrug, say "screw it", and see crappy movies anyway. I can giggle at the ludicrous plot devices, how awful the low-brow fart-and-burp humor is, and maybe sometimes even enjoy the sheer mindless experience like Hollywood meant me to.

My point: You need to learn to laugh at crap like that game or you won't have any fun in life.

SoyBigHead
10/10/01 08:10 PM

true enough; i just wasnt sure if u DID see it, and sides, this was my way of practicing for the next moderators election ;-)

but yea, if u dont do some crazy things in life, your gonna end up, old, lonely, and unloved especially if you dont take risks and live this thing called life...

"no one, ever has the time, to listen to me, see right thru me, this is getting hard to face no one ever sees me fall, and no one cares at all, this will only make you strong" River City High, "No One Cares"
"There are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
-Mark Twain
CrayModerator
10/11/01 07:21 AM

>true enough; i just wasnt sure if u DID see it, and sides, this was my way of practicing for the next moderators election ;-)

Oh, I saw it - it was my gut reaction to that game, too. I've just learned to laugh at stuff like that. Laughing is a much healthier reaction than getting tied up in knots over stuff like that.

>but yea, if u dont do some crazy things in life, your gonna end up, old, lonely, and unloved especially if you dont take risks and live this thing called life...

Ayup.

Remind me to vote for you in the next moderators election. :)

Mike Miller, MatE

Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4702

Contact Admins Sarna.net