Cargo Bay Capacity Body 1 .75
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS: 10 22 100.00
Items & Tons Left: 3 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 8,381,000 C-Bills
Battle Value: 1,645
Cost per BV: 5,094.83
Weapon Value: 3,037 / 2,345 (Ratio = 1.85 / 1.43)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 77; MRDmg = 41; LRDmg = 13
BattleForce2: MP: 3, Armor/Structure: 0 / 9
Damage PB/M/L: 8/8/3, Overheat: 0
Class: GA; Point Value: 16
Specials: if, ecm
Karagin
07/11/13 06:14 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Why does this need 5 Streak SRM 6s? Which Clan is building this tank and why? It is faster then it's 200 ton brothers and sister tanks you have posted before and this INFANTRY carrier is a bit of over kill to do the job carrying a point battlearmor to the fight. BUT I will say the price is a lot better and this one can actually engage in a fight and not spend the whole battle moving to get into it.

You could do the job better with a similar load out on an 80 ton frame.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Maurer
07/11/13 04:08 PM

Overall solid design, but I would lighten the tank and reduce its firepower somewhat. Those 5 Streak-6 are a 5-pack of pain alone, even if only 3 manage to go off. Personally, I'd probably just use a number of standard SRMs and a Narc if your mounting that many missiles.

Karagin, this design looks like an infantry support/carrier hybrid rather then a straight up tank. I think just a reduction in weight and some weapons would see a better overall design and production.
"Captain! We're completely surrounded on all sides." - Kiff, Futurama
..."Excellent, then we may attack in any direction." - Zapp Brannigan, Futurama

"A fool fights a war on two fronts; only an idiot defends on one." - Fusilier
Karagin
07/11/13 04:58 PM

I agree Maurer it could stand to drop down to about 75 tons at the most. Yet I still not sold on the SRMs on this thing they seem like an after thought, more of ATN's more is better idea.
Karagin

Reiter
07/12/13 01:44 AM

OMG! Seriously double the weight on that thing! Its only 100 tons, you can easily double that and still put stupid amounts of weapons in the side firing arcs!
/rant

Its why I haven't bothered in visiting the forums for nearly week. ATN Tank Flavor of the Day: Mint with a hint of vanilla! Tommorrow: Vanilla with a hint of Mint!

I am just tired of seeing the same thing, shows lack of imagination. I have tried to tell him to make something other then clan, other then 100/200 tons, other then tech 3. This designed gained a few more respect points, I thought it was just a tank...then realized its another weird design of his. It can at least pass for a tank. Personally I try to avoid clan, cause its way to easy to fit and maximize weight: Min/Maxing to the extreme, which the highest tonnage helps. Then tech 3...crazy insane weapons like RAC/20...at least the missile type look like normal missiles with different effects and not going overboard.

Back on tangent...just try to diverse ATN. It shows creativity, otherwise its like your coloring a child's drawing which was copied multiple times from a printer...except you used yellow this time instead of red...but the picture is still the same.

Got things I would like to post, having a Goldielocks moment where it isn't "just right"
ATN082268
07/14/13 08:16 AM

Quote:

OMG! Seriously double the weight on that thing! Its only 100 tons, you can easily double that and still put stupid amounts of weapons in the side firing arcs!
/rant

Its why I haven't bothered in visiting the forums for nearly week. ATN Tank Flavor of the Day: Mint with a hint of vanilla! Tommorrow: Vanilla with a hint of Mint!

I am just tired of seeing the same thing, shows lack of imagination. I have tried to tell him to make something other then clan, other then 100/200 tons, other then tech 3. This designed gained a few more respect points, I thought it was just a tank...then realized its another weird design of his. It can at least pass for a tank. Personally I try to avoid clan, cause its way to easy to fit and maximize weight: Min/Maxing to the extreme, which the highest tonnage helps. Then tech 3...crazy insane weapons like RAC/20...at least the missile type look like normal missiles with different effects and not going overboard.

Back on tangent...just try to diverse ATN. It shows creativity, otherwise its like your coloring a child's drawing which was copied multiple times from a printer...except you used yellow this time instead of red...but the picture is still the same.

Got things I would like to post, having a Goldielocks moment where it isn't "just right"

So your solution to seeing designs you don't like is to do stuff like not visiting the forums and complaining? If you want to see more of a particular design(s), then step up to the plate and post them. And if it is merely a distaste of certain designs, then maturely accept the fact some people will post and/or play with them.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/14/13 10:20 AM

I do agree with Reiter and everyone else that ATN has become a one heck of a broken record. But ATN has not done anything wrong with his posting of his designs and has just as much right to post anything that he wants, within the rules, as the rest of us do.

If anyone does not want to see ATN's designs then just simply don't look at them. Just because someone posts something that does not mean someone is pointing a PPC at your head forcing you to read them. Lets all start acting like the adults that we should be and not children that are playing some made up game.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Karagin
07/14/13 12:18 PM

Sure thing as soon as ATN learns to take things less personal and stop getting upset when we as group collectively punch holes in his designs. Arguring that your tank is amazing is fine, say its' the best just because you built it and only saw one direction and that everyone else is "attacking" you etc...for pointing out other directions needs to end as well. I am sure he has gotten similar comments on this stuff from other people he has shared these things with outside of here. So hearing it again from a group of gamers who collectively have enough ideas and input and have learned through trial and error to take a lot of what is offered as advice not attacks. So far we have kept things very civil and have not had the old flame wars of old.
Karagin

His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
07/14/13 12:41 PM

Yes I do miss Newtype also
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4794

Contact Admins Sarna.net