Quick Question:Battlemech Shields

Pages: 1
Retry
02/03/14 11:58 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay, so the Atlas III supposedly has a small shield. Great. It blocks things. I want to make a design that uses both a melee weapon and a shield. However they will have to be on the same arm because the other arm is going to use an AC/20.

Okay, so how would that work? Can I passively block with the shield while using my melee weapon or is there some sort of restriction?
Retry
02/04/14 12:39 AM

Also, say you add two swords on two arms. Can you use both in one turn or are you stuck with one?
ghostrider
02/04/14 02:59 AM

Last I knew you could punch with one arm or use both together like a club. So that means only one attack with arms. You can hold a weapon in each arm for a back up.

With your example, I would doubt using the ac arm would be a good idea in combat unless you are out of ammo.

Now them coming out with shields is against their older rules per say. Technically people will now try to use that shield to add armor to the head. Granted they own the rules so they can change it whenever or however they want.

And with this comes the question of why not have another set of arms? You can have heavy torso mounted weapons, why not add some extra firing arcs to them?
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3400

Contact Admins Sarna.net