Lance?

Pages: 1
TRYCORP
10/13/01 08:54 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok heres the thing. I have only got 5 Miniatures..
(Hopfully more to come..)
4 Clan (Ryoken, Vulture, Hankyu, and a Jenner IIC)
1 IS (Awesome)

I don't have enough for a star, only a lance.. does that matter?

"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! What, Do you plan to punce holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!"

"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
CrayModerator
10/13/01 12:35 PM

No, not all. Break out some bottlecaps, spare dice, or those cardboard figures that come with the BT boxed sets.

I essentially don't use miniatures and it never hampered my game.

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
TenakaFurey
10/17/01 01:58 PM

No in any BT game I've palyed. Simply tag the Awesome as a Clan Mech. Given the set up listed, then the WarHawk/Masakari would be an ideal command unit.

Assuming you'd like to keep with the largely SJag feel of the unit.

EJL

TRYCORP
10/26/01 08:19 PM

Well, I did manage to get 2 new mechs. But I found out that all the Clan mechs I have happen to be to Nova Cat Mechs.. anyone know whether or not a Orion IIC is Nova Cat???

Not sure but I thought that all the IIC's where used by all the clans..

(the other new one is a bishamon.. I love those things)

"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! What, Do you plan to punce holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!"

"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
CrayModerator
10/26/01 09:10 PM

As far as I know, EVERY clan uses the Orion IIC. The Orion (not IIC) was Alexander Kerensky's mech.

Remember, the minis don't have to represent the mechs they look like.

That's a reason I actually don't like minis - when I don't have a mini corresponding to the mech I want to use, I feel guilty about pointing at a chunk of sculpted metal and saying "that's something it doesn't look like." It's cardboard counters for me, man.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
TRYCORP
10/26/01 09:45 PM

I know they don't have to represent the mechs they are, but it would be nice to get a full star just for haveing them sake.. I meen some people have hundreds.. why not try for one star..

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Bob_Richter
10/26/01 10:02 PM

Orion IIC is exclusively Wolf Clan, so no.

-Bob Richter
A dead primate is nobody's ancestor.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
TRYCORP
10/27/01 10:35 AM

Well... I gonna say Isora, hehe

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
TRYCORP
10/28/01 08:16 PM

Thats why untill I can find another mech to take its place I am going to just say "I claimed it Isora."

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
TenakaFurey
10/29/01 09:48 PM

Wrong. Only Clan Wolf has the ability and right to manufacture it. As such, it is by far most common within the Wolf Clan.

However, it would be perfectly feasible for it to be found outside the Wolf Clan.

EJL

TRYCORP
10/31/01 08:49 AM

ok.. well untill I find a replacement I AM going to use the Orion IIC.. does anyone have a Clan Nova Cat Mech that they would suggest I look for?

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
TenakaFurey
10/31/01 05:10 PM

Yes, but it can be recovered off a battlefield, taken as isorla....

Its not the Mech itself that is protected...though perhaps losing one would be a source of shame....its more the design and the ability to manufacture them that the Wolf Clan protect.

EJL

TRYCORP
10/31/01 08:01 PM

hehe what i need to know is where to get one of those.. anyone know any online stores other than the Ral Partha Site, and FASA?

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
TRYCORP
11/01/01 10:40 PM

Any good?

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Nightward
11/03/01 12:55 AM

The Wolves would rather get Annihilated than loose such a tie to the Kerenskys.

One must wonder what happened to the Atlas IIC (Aaron DeChavalier and Nicholas both piloted them) and the Devastator IIC (Aleksandr designed the original, and Andery piloted it).

I have my version of the Atlas IIC, and I'm working up the fluff for the Devastator IIC. I'll post them when I'm done.

"The man who opens his mouth in the presence of a woman does so only to change feet"
-Me.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightward
11/03/01 01:31 AM

Hmmm. I am assuming you want to go up to a Binary or Trinary in strength and want 'Mechs that compliment those, ja?

Conviniently, your 'Mechs all come from the Draconis Combine or Clan Nova Cat. With the establishment of the Irece Prefecture, it isn't that hard to accept the idea of a Nova Cat unit fielding that kind of mix.

What I would do-

Here we go (slap me if I go too far off course):

You have:
Hankyu (Hankyu)
Mad Dog (Vulture/Hagetaka)
Storm Crow (Ryoken [Which, incidentaly, means 'Passport'])
Jenner IIC
Awesome
Orion IIC
Bishamon

For starters, toss the Orion IIC. No way in hell would a Nova Cat have one of those babies.

Next, by the presence of second-line and IOnner Sphere 'Mechs we can assume you are a garrison unit.

So what you get is:

1st Nova Cat Mobile Pot Smokers (I couldn't think of anything else)

First Star: Trippin' Out, man.....

Nova Cat (Nova Cat): you'll have to buy one, I'm afraid. However, the Nova Cat is well worth the investment. At 70 tons and packing some serious firepower, this is one mean mofo.

Mad Dog (Vulture/Hagetaka): Given the choice, I'd have a Timber Wolf instead. Ah well. The Mad Dog isn't too bad, though you will need to watch the heat quite closely. Since you are a second-line unit, you can use ganingin-up tactics to fire on the Nova Cat's target.

Awesome: The name pretty much says it all, really. Watch the XL if you use the Marik 3050 refit. RS: 3060 had an Awesome that went 3/5 and packed 4 Standard PPCs and an ECM suite. Not too bad; you might like to take a look at that one.

Super Nova (Super Nova): You seemed to like this thing. It's OK too; again, watch the heat. Still, the prospect of getting smacked with 60 damage from25 hexes away is not a nice thought...

Matador/Black Python (Matador/Viper): Either or, really. I'd prefer the Viper-large pulses and a targeting computer, crossed with the ability to jump 5 hexes....nice.

Star Tactics: The Star is 'Big, Tuff, and Narsty'. Long-range firepower is generally good, and since you can use that surat dezgra tactic of combined fire, should prove a major hazard to your opponent's lance of Yu Huangs. (I dunno what it is, but in my group, the Yu Huand seems to have sprung u like mushrooms). Find a nice, flat space that you can see from the top of a convieniently located hill, and plug away.

Second Star: Somebody stop the world! I wanna get off!

Storm Crow (Ryoken): Fast, heafty armour, and (in Alt B anyway) and Ultra AC/20. What more could I ask? Use it to harass your opponent's command unit or just to see the look on your opponent's face when he learns that your Storm Crow has just slapped his Dart with 2 bursts from the Ultra Cannon.

Hankyu (Hankyu. Shounds like someone forgot the 'T'): I dunno. I am a bit leery of 'Mechs that have hum jets but can't jump full distance. Still, the one with Medium Pulse and ER lasers isn't too bad. It's high speed will let you hunt down those damnable Locusts and Fireballs (the name says it all, really).

Bishamon: Oooh yeah. 7/11 or 8/12 with ER Medium/Medium Pulse configs in the shoulders and a whoppin' great MRM-20. Excellent choice, Sir. With its range and firepower, combined with solid armour, this thing can comfortably take on 'Mechs almost twice its weight. If you field the C3 Command variant, however, I shall have to hit you.

Jenner IIC: Field it in its usual variant. The others are simply cr@p. Two tons of SRM ammo allows for some Inferno ammo. It's fast, jumps quite well, and has respectable armour. I would have rathered Medium Lasers instead of the Streak SRM-4 this 'Mech uses, but ah well. Otherwise, this is quite a nice little 'Mech.

Hmm. This is tough. I would use one of these:

Horned Owl (Perigrine): 40 or 45 tons, good armour, 6/9/6 with a standard engine, and carrying a Large and two Medium Pulse Lasers. I think the Cats also field a variant with 6 LRM-5s, also a nasty thought. Could be used in a supporting role for the other 'Mechs in the star, which are primarily short-range fighters.

Incubus (Vixen): 9/14 with a large Pulse Laser. need I say more? OK, it has fairly good armur for its size, and MGs will allow you to clean up those &^%$ing infantry.

Vapour Eagle (Goshawk): Ultra nasty. 6/9/6 with a whole buch of Pulse Lasers and a targeting Computer. Pure evilness.

Star Tactics: Run up, smack 'em down. Stay on the move, or loose what (little) armour you happen to be carrying.

Best of luck, and have fun.

"The man who opens his mouth in the presence of a woman does so only to change feet"
-Me.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
realworldviews
11/03/01 03:23 AM

well most of the time its fairly resonablely priced. Just don't try to buy anything old or unseen.

Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
realworldviews
11/03/01 03:26 AM

n/t

Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 55 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5736

Contact Admins Sarna.net