Jumping into a heavy forest.

Pages: 1
Firestarter
12/25/14 02:23 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Me and my dad were playing a game and I had my mech jump into a heavy forest. I landed ok and we continued, but my dad said that because I landed in a heavy woods I should have to make a piloting roll. His reason to saying this was if you were landing and one leg hit a tree you would crush the tree BUT it would mean more resistance on that leg possibly tipping the mech sideways. I checked my 3rd edition rules and it said nothing about this.

So does anyone know if a rule that has something like this exists?
If so please tell me.
His_Most_Royal_Highass_Donkey
12/25/14 04:52 AM

I know of no such rule. It does make sense, but little in BT has made sense so most likely there is no such rule.
Why argue if the glass is half full or half empty, when you know someone is going to knock it over and spill it anyways.

I was a Major *pain* before
But I got a promotion.
I am now a General *pain*
Yay for promotions!!!
ghostrider
12/25/14 09:51 AM

Honestly, there are several other instances of piloting rolls that should happen and don't.
Light woods runs the same risk of hitting a tree, since you are trying to use it for partial cover.
Rough/rubble has the risk of the material shifting as you come down on it.

The main modifiers to jumps landings that I can think of at the moment are things like critical damage to the legs, especially the hips, being forced to make a piloting roll while airborne such as more then 20 points of damage taken, Death from above, and some scenarios have modifiers such as high winds.

Now if all players agree, there is no reason why you could not make a 'house rule' and use the idea.

That does not mean there aren't other places that might need a special roll. Or even just a roll to see if you should use it. Like say jumping in a city. Something simple like not realizing the building you are jumping has an annex or balcony that sticks out from the building, or a single level entry way.
Firestarter
12/25/14 12:57 PM

Yeah that's what we did, I also ended up crashing my mech. -__-
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4567

Contact Admins Sarna.net