Help with making Advanced Tactical Missiles

Pages: 1
the_tick_rules
04/04/15 11:49 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've been making a modified leviathan 2 battleship mostly just to amuse myelf. One of the things I wanted to do was replace the advanced tactical missile 12 launchers with the expiramental tech iATM version. I went to the custom weapon creation screen but I found no ATM bay to use the regular launchers as a base. I tried using streak lrm 20 and other weapons as a base but I couldn't get it right. The area that eluded me was the variable damage in different range bracket area. I assume this to be caused by the variable missile types that can be fired, I can't be sure cause as hard as I messed with the ATM I could only adjust the number of rounds with no ammo type option. I tried bring up the AR10 and inner sphere MML weapons because they can also launch multiple missile types but those aren't selectable bays in the custom weapon screen either. Can anyone help me figure this out?

(by the way I know there is a copy of this in the designs folder. I clicked on wrong folder. If the admin reads this and I haven't deleted it yet please do so.)
ghostrider
04/05/15 02:43 AM

One of the things people will need to know is what program you are trying to use.
It may also be that you need to contact the programmers of that one to see if they even support this idea.
Hopefully someone does have a better answer than either of the two I could provide.
the_tick_rules
04/05/15 08:50 PM

I'm using heavy metal aero.
CrayModerator
04/06/15 06:43 PM

Quote:
the_tick_rules writes:

I'm using heavy metal aero.

Shoot, sorry. That doesn't run on my Windows 8 machine or I could fiddle with it. I've made custom weapons in there before.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Karagin
04/06/15 07:20 PM

It does run on Windows 8, Rick even has the work around up on his page.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
04/07/15 06:28 PM

Quote:
Karagin writes:

It does run on Windows 8, Rick even has the work around up on his page.

Excellent, I hadn't checked in a while.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
the_tick_rules
04/25/15 10:25 PM

Yeah it's really weird since the ship I'm making has ATM's but I can't make custom versions of them. I'd understand if the weapon system wasn't even there.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4530

Contact Admins Sarna.net