battle armor

Pages: 1
ghostrider
04/30/15 12:04 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Does battle armor have a weight?

Seen a post with a medium laser in a suit, and it got me to wondering how you can fit a mech style medium laser with the 3 heat sinks needed to cool it in something the size of a battle suit.
This does not include the power source to run the unit, which I haven't seen where it says they run on batteries or some other power source. I don't see anything about a gyroscope or pump system to move it, and the jets leads to other issues not shown.

This battle suit should weight over 4 tons just for the weapons package (ml and 3 sinks).
And since we are on it, can they use the other armors on it, like stealth or hardened?

And I know it would complicate things, but there is no critical tables to see if you knock out things like the main weapons system on battle armor until you kill the unit entirely.
How does that work?
My understanding is the normal heat sink is the smallest it can be and still work. That should more then cover a large area of the armor. It should be almost impossible to not hit 3 on a unit.
Drasnighta
04/30/15 12:20 PM

There's a different set of rules for BattleArmour than there are to 'Mechs. Kind of along the same lines that some Vehicles have Exceptions that Mechs do not.

They all have weights and allocations.

The Classic BattleTech Companion had Power Armour creation rules, and I would assume there is an updated version out there somewhere... Maybe in the RPG book? I am unsure.
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
ghostrider
04/30/15 06:08 PM

Is that the new reprint of the companion? I have the original and don't remember seeing anything about making powered armor.

We found out some of the reprints of books changed information without letting anyone know, such as the 3050 tro. They dropped the clan tech information out of it so they could put it in the normal rules books only. We found this out when the target computer rules were changed for pulse weapons.
Drasnighta
04/30/15 07:10 PM

Huzzah for the Wiki:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Classic_BattleTech_Companion#Battle_Armor_Construction_Rules
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
ghostrider
05/01/15 12:01 AM

ok, That is not in the companion book I have. It lists Fasa email names like fasalou, fasabryan or fasamike.

it doesn't say any edition printing in it, so I believe it is a first run.
It does give a number of shot the elementals have for the weapons though.
Drasnighta
05/01/15 09:55 AM

So you have the older one than that.
CEO Heretic BattleMechs.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4131

Contact Admins Sarna.net