new battletech ccg website?

Pages: 1
Kingfisherb90
08/27/15 01:08 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Howdy All,

I have been thinking about starting a new website for the Battletech CCG. People who play or trade and collect cards are spread out across the internet in pockets and it would be for the betterment of all.Ideally we could gather all of the major sellers from ebay, the various people who collect the game and still play it into one place.

My idea for the site would be to recreate a "geocities/angelfire/tripod" feel web 1.0 website. I am talking web rings and exploding skull gifs and tiled star field backgrounds.
It would have a late 90's retro feel, and would be filled with content as if it had been created contemporaneously with the publishing of the game.
For example we would compile content from whatever sources we can find, links to any existing websites.

I would want to create articles about the evolution of the game by expansion. Tournament results, and competition decks. Users could write articles about deck design theory. It would even be fun to do a series of "what if" articles predicting the next expansion based on Battletech timeline. For example the introduction of the Hell's Horses and a re-balance of vehicles.

Another thing I would like to do is create rules for "era" themed optional rules, card lists, and decks, for example "Star League" or "Forth Succession Wars" or "Clan Zellbrigen" dueling rules. The same could be done for historical battles like Tukayyid. Another thought would be 20 card Solaris 7 duelist decks.

If we wanted to get really crazy we could work on a web based lackey.

Anyways, I am not much of a web designer but I could organize the project and outreach to the existing Battletech CCG fans,

Would anyone have interest in helping out with such an effort?
Firestarter
08/29/15 04:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I would not be able to help for about a year, but I would LOVE to help/support the site.

Any ideas on adding a way to play on the site?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 10 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6083

Contact Admins Sarna.net