Mercenary Handbook Missing info

Pages: 1
MeepleHat
10/12/15 09:22 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Just last week a friend mentioned that he always wanted to try BattleTech!! I spent the next few days digging out all my too infrequently used stuff. On Saturday we got together and I ran a grinder style game to jump them into the action.

All had fun and want to play a more involved campaign style game. So I pulled out my old Mercenary's Handbook (1986 version) and am brushing up when I noticed that although they list price differences for "New" vs "Salvaged" mechs there is no definition of "Salvaged".

Anyone know of any handy charts or methods for creating "Salvaged" mechs?

Thanks!
ghostrider
10/13/15 02:14 AM

I believe salvaged items are anything that have been damaged weither fixed or not.
Now as for any charts, that is an issue. Some planets will have plenty of salvage that would drive prices down, while others might have a single mech or tank and want more then new.

Maybe get a price set up and use the random price tables for pay or salvage tables to add more variations into it. I don't have my book in the room with me at this time, so can't tell you where to look it up at.

Finding what is damaged, and coming up with the costs to subtract from a new price is the only real way you can do it. It is a pain. It would be more realistic as you would also need to now how much you need to spend on what items to get it back in the fight.

Another possibility is finding a unit getting rid of some unused equipment. Fixed or not. They might need some quick money, allowing you to pick something up for less then you would think, but watch using this thought. I don't care what anyone says, and Atlas for under 4 mil is just too good to be in any mobile shape.
MeepleHat
10/15/15 01:57 PM

Thanks!

The Mercenary handbook does list the difference in Unit Points (up) and each up is equal to 10,000 c-bills. I could use that and do some creative improvising.

Of course I hoped there would be a handy chart but oh well.
ghostrider
10/15/15 02:56 PM

I was thinking the random numbers for the contract making part, but that works.
But if you got something, great.
Bad_Syntax
11/25/15 06:03 PM

Strategic Operations, page 167 and the area around, describe these.

Basically all units have a quality rating from A (salvage) to F (excellent). This would be like the difference in a new running car and one running, but with 300K miles on it.

An excellent condition mech is 1.3x the cost, while a salvaged one is 0.8x the cost.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4180

Contact Admins Sarna.net