Most Mechbays in a Dropship?

Pages: 1
Kirion
11/17/16 03:39 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hello

I know this is a silly question but seen in Mechbays. What is the biggest drop ship? Is it the Clan Overlord with its capacity of a whole Cluster? (thats 45 mechs right?)

I hope somebody can help me witht his "easy" question.
Thank you
FrabbyModerator
11/17/16 05:14 PM

Ayup, as DropShips go, none seem to have more 'Mech bays than the Overlord-C. (The Lee has 40 and the Colossus only 36.)

However, there's also the Kyushu-class WarShip with 108 'Mech bays, and I'm not entirely sure how many 'Mech bays a Nightlord has (100 according to TRO:3057 but it may have changed since as new construction rules came up). Of course, WarShips can only deploy from orbit as they cannot land, or even enter an atmosphere, so recovering their 'Mech contingent will take them a while and they are not nearly as versatile as DropShips.

Edited by Frabby (11/18/16 05:22 AM)
Kirion
11/18/16 12:53 PM

Thank you that helps me much.
Yes the amount an Kyushu can carry is really impressiv but without dropships it isnt that useful for ground attacks.
ghostrider
11/18/16 10:49 PM

The Kyushu’s most notable feature, the bay features 108 'Mech cubicles, a complete 'Mech Regiment, which can be transported to a planet’s surface either by transferring to one of the four attached DropShips, two at a time via one of the Kyushu’s twelve specially modified cargo shuttles or if the WarShip is in low orbit, directly from the cargo bay via Drop Pods.

This is on the wiki site here. So if they didn't do away with low orbiting warships, the Kyushu can drop mechs in drop pods.
Granted, that doesn't help getting them back onto the ship if they don't have the dropships or shuttles to move them.

Aside from its ability to carry four DropShips, the Nightlord has the capacity to carry a combined Galaxy of OmniMechs and Elementals, along with twenty OmniFighters for defensive purposes.

This is the info on the Nightlord. It did not say how many omnis and how many elementals.

Edited by ghostrider (11/18/16 10:52 PM)
csadn
11/27/16 09:49 PM

A "full" 'Mech regiment is 144 units, not 108 -- one must include the three Battalion Command Lances, plus the Regimental Command Company.

Nit, Picked, 1 ea.
CF

Oregon: The "Outworlds Alliance" of the United States of America
ghostrider
11/28/16 12:38 AM

That really depends on the regiment.
Not all have the extra units, though if one can afford it, they would.
And the extra units could be said as being oversized regiment.

Also, some would argue the fighters attached to the unit are part of the regiment, without going into the RTC's and such.
Cause, what good is a union or overlord without the fighters? Barring clan configurations at this point.

With the clans, the galaxy is supposed to be the equivalent of the regiment, yet depending on binaries/trinaries, it could be much higher in mechs or lower. And since the clans use novas and super novas, that changes the unit count as well.

One last variant to throw in there.
Mech units that use loader mechs and such would have 'mechs' outside of combat, but still have a greater amount of mechs in the unit.

But we know most don't deal with anything but combat units.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4327

Contact Admins Sarna.net