Second Succession War Source Book

Pages: 1
Karagin
07/20/17 11:21 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Okay, bought the PDF, not playing the buy a dead tree book from CGL after the fiasco with the last combo of Book/PDF I tried to buy from them, and taking six months to fix. So moving on, the opening story is pretty good, not so bad about the early ways of how we get ComStar as we know it.

The rest is good, not as much info as I hoped for but decent enough, be nice if we would see a Atlas type of the battles and such as they did for the 4th Succession War. The background of the main players was good as was many of the smaller footnotes and entries. The follow of the book so far has been a lot better then other books they have put out, in my opinion anything is better then format they chose for the Jihad books, anything including reading the phone book cover to cover.

The mech info and forces info are really good as are the rules for the game. Artwork harks back to some of the older style that we saw at one point in all the FASA Battletech books. I am still working my way through it and so over all I am going to say it is worth getting.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
wolf_lord_30
07/21/17 09:59 AM

Thanks for the info. And right now they have a sale going on that makes it 14.99 instead of 34.99. I might actually pick this up. I've glanced over the First Succession War and it wasn't horribly put together. Better than their rulebooks at least.

So if this is their best to date, maybe their editors have finally got their act together. I can support that.
Wrangler
07/23/17 08:05 PM

PDF was a good buy. I like how they included the factories information.
When it hits the fan, make sure your locked, loaded, and ready to go!
Pages: 1
Extra information
3 registered and 164 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3771

Contact Admins Sarna.net