How to rebuild the Inner Sphere HPG Network.

Pages: 1
thavionhawk
07/26/17 03:34 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi all this is my first post on here so please treat me kindly.

This post is a proposed solution the the Blackout. Please read it to the end before commenting.

Given the HPG Blackout caused by a combination of the Virus infecting the ComStar HPG network and splinter cells attacking HPG stations threw-out the Inner Sphere I think it illogical it simply try and rebuild or repair the HPG network as it was for fear of its falling pray to the same kind of attacks.

The only people that have working HPG's to my knowledge are the Clans owing to their technological advanced HPG's being incompatible with the Infected Inner Sphere units preventing its spread. Even if it had spread to them I would expect they wouldn't be effected in the same way given the differences in their operation.

It maybe the case that the Clan's in the Inner Sphere lack the ability to manufacture there own HPG's leaving them to use what units they brought with them from the Clan Home Worlds, but if that is not the case I propose that the Rasalhague Dominion use their Clan Tech and Inner Sphere manufacturing might to build a New HPG Network.

There is Cannon president regarding efforts by scientists working within the Republic of the Sphere to repair the HPG network, one unit having been brought back online for at least a short time, but given the Fortress Republic decree I wouldn't expect the Republic to extend their efforts outside the Sphere. In-fact the news of the possible recovery of the HPG network getting out causes a head hunt for the scientist behind the work.

My plan is simple:

Step 1: Setup a Space based Factory for Ship class HPG's and place it in either deep space or more likely an un-inhabited star system with WarShip protection. The Clans brought with them Orbital/Ship based Manufacturing for many things including Clan EndoSteel and even BattleMechs so I doubt it would be a problem creating a new vessel or retrofitting another one for this purpose.

Step 2: Deploy a grid of Orbital HPG Stations in critical systems within the Dominion(Assuming as said before the they are the faction doing the work) Each HPG would be operated like a Recharge Station with crews living and working aboard the ships. Any crew rotation would be done on specified Re-Supply Runs acting to isolate the stations. By keeping all HPG stations in space and isolated you limit the risk of attack by those that helped destroy the old HPG Network. Each station would be armed with Ship grade weapons able to destroy anything short of a Pocket War Ship to that end.

Step 3: Establish Up-links to the HPG Stations on each planet using Closed System Encrypted Hardware including Self Contains Fusion Cores. By isolating the Up-links and Encrypting all of the data going to and coming from the HPG Stations this would limit again the chance of infiltration. Each Up-link would also have a fail safe that would destroy it completely; likely by dumping the Fusion Cores Plasma into the Up-Link Core itself.

Step 4: Repeat Steps 2 and 3 on Tharkad and Lutien, the two capital worlds of the closest Great Houses. Limiting the deployment to the capitals for diplomatic communication would provide leverage that could be used later.

Step 5: Approach the Federated Suns with an offer they can not refuse. The deployment of a new HPG Station for New Avalon as well as the creation of a second Manufacturing Station in Suns' space. The Suns would jump at the chance to gain access to the new HPG network for many reasons but more then likely they would accept hoping to glean/steal the tech for themselves. By setting up a second manufacturing station on the Spin-ward side of the Inner Sphere it would speed up Step 7.

Step 6: Approach the Capellan Confederation. It would be prudent to offer the Laio's a station around Scion, but given the volatile nature of Confederation they would be the last approached.

Step 7: Once Production of HPG's in the Federated Son's is up to speed they coordinated deployment of the new network could begin.

Step 8: Approach the Republic. The last step would be to offer the Republic a new Terran HPG station. Once all the reaming Great houses are tied to it there would be no logic in not accepting the station followed no doubt by the deployment of HPG's to other systems in the Republic.

Note that I make no effort to link other Clan holdings to the new network. The reason for this is that they already posses their own HPG's.

If my idea is flawed in any way please do point the flaws out. I would love to see new Battle Tech Novels continuing the timeline past the Dark Ages into a new renaissance. Thank you for reading all this, I hope it was worth your time.
Wrangler
07/26/17 11:38 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
It's likely IlClan will likely be source of reconstruction since they could end up being the new "Star League" of the Inner Sphere, leading to restoration of the HPG. I doubt it will be like ComStar thou.
When it hits the fan, make sure your locked, loaded, and ready to go!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3795

Contact Admins Sarna.net