Best Virtual Tabletop for Mechwarrior(BT:AToW)/Battletech/Battlespace games?

Pages: 1
Qoonpooka
04/04/18 06:18 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I have started up a pre-clan Mechwarrior game (actually running Mechwarrior 3rd because that's the book I have) to introduce three new people to Battletech/Mechwarrior. They're into the world, they're into the system, they're into their characters...

...but we HATE Roll 20. The UI is garbage, the measurements are poor, and I would like the ability to work with freeform maps using the tabletop miniature rules (aka "Battletech 40k" or "Hammertech") but there's some painful limits on the effective size of battlespaces (because of a maximum size for uploaded map images), and an abject lack of character sheet integration, etc.

I've resigned myself to doing all of the stat tracking with pencil-and-paper record sheets, but I would REALLY like a playable tabletop space where players can:
1) See the statuses applied to tokens without me having to click a thousand check boxes every time I put a unit on the board.
2) See and plot movements without having to move the tokens, ideally with distance and angle measures
3) Show each other, visually, what they're thinking when they're trying to coordinate with each other.

What I've had thusfar has been very uninspiring, but Roll20's dev team seems committed to not listening to its user base.

I'd like it to take less than eight hours of work for me to set up a map, put the tokens on it, and be ready to throw dice.

Is anyone else playing Mechwarrior/AToW and/or Battletech online and what are the tools you use to do so? (I guess I could go to MegaMek if I needed to, but there's a fair bit of houseruling going on for combined arms stuff that wouldn't transfer to MegaMek at all...)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 137 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2682

Contact Admins Sarna.net