Cannot create Wiki Account

Pages: 1
Jvideo121
05/02/18 01:24 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hello all!

I'm a bit new to Sarna and to Battletech in general (have been playing MWO off and on for a year or so, but only really started to be interested in about January), and I'm trying to create an account on the Sarna wiki. Unfortunately, every time I hit the continue button, I get an error message. I get a code in brackets (something different each time, I assume this is like a serial number for the error) followed by date and time and a message reading "Fatal exception of type "Error" So in full the message shows up as [CODE] YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS: Fatal exception of type "Error". It also says at the top of the page "Internal error".

I assume this is serverside but I hadn't seen any chatter about it and wasn't sure if there was any local fixes I needed to make or any workarounds. I have tried in both Safari (iOS) and Chrome. The Captcha is solved, and either adding or not adding an email address (it only asks for one and says that it's optional) . I'll see if I can find somewhere to contact the admins directly in case this is a serverside issue, otherwise any help is appreciated. I was also able to create this forum account even after the wiki account would not create.

Thanks
FrabbyModerator
05/02/18 01:32 PM

This forum is technically separate from the wiki site, that's why there are two entirely separate user accounts and login processes.

I assume from your problem report that your IP wasn't (auto-)blocked in the recent spambot wars either. I've notified NicJ, our bureaucrat and site admin.
Jvideo121
05/02/18 03:26 PM

Yeah, I figured that was why.

I’m honestly not sure. I am accessing from a public network, so I suppose it’s possible. I can get on the wiki without an account and to a creation page, so I assume I’m not blocked, but again, I don’t know. And thanks!
Nic JansmaAdministrator
05/09/18 09:13 AM

Should be fixed now!
-- NicJ
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4771

Contact Admins Sarna.net