Universal Autocannon Series

Pages: 1
Retry
05/09/18 12:26 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The Universal Autocannons are long-term refinement and modernization project made to Autocannons that aimed to incorporate advances made on the general AC series as well as its offshoots (LB-X, Ultras) into one single versatile weapons platform, and were first deployed in the 3140s.

The rules for the Universal Autocannon are as follows:

-The Universal Autocannon can use all ammunition available to both the LB-X series and Standard Autocannon Series
-The Universal Autocannon can "double tap", firing twice and making two separate to-hit rolls. This doubles heat production and either to-hit roll that rolls a 2 results in jamming (if the 1st roll is a jam, the 2nd shot doesn't occur and no ammo is consumed for it).
-Double-Tapping is compatible with any ammunition type
-A Jammed Universal Autocannon can be unjammed in the same manner as a Rotary Autocannon.

IS UnivACs:

UnivAC/2
6 tons
2 Crits
0 Heat
9/18/27 Range
50 Shots/ton

UnivAC/5
8 tons
4 Crits
1 Heat
7/14/21 Range
20 Shots/ton

UnivAC/10
11 tons
6 Crits
2 Heat
6/12/18 Range
10 Shots/ton

UnivAC/20
14 tons
10 Crits
6 Heat
4/8/12 Range
5 Shots/ton

----------------------------------------------------

Clan UnivACs:

UnivAC/2
5 tons
1 Crit
0 Heat
10/20/30 Range
50 Shots/ton

UnivAC/5
7 tons
3 Crits
1 Heat
8/16/24 Range
20 Shots/ton

UnivAC/10
10 tons
4 Crits
2 Heat
6/12/18 Range
10 Shots/ton

UnivAC/20
12 tons
8 Crits
6 Heat
4/8/12 Range
5 Shots/ton

Edited by Retry (05/09/18 09:27 AM)
ghostrider
05/09/18 12:45 AM

I know it is assumed, but I will say it anyways.
The double shot is not allowed to use the cluster or other specialty ammunition for the shots?

The question of the same range for the 10 and 20 for both IS and clans is interesting. I would have thought the clans would be slightly longer.
Also, is there a minimum on the 2 or 5?
And I would like to know if you can use adjacent locations to place the larger versions, ie left arm/left torso.

Personally, I would like to see a little weight shaved off, but that could be countered by this being the first in the next line of upgrades.

It does seem to be a good follow up for the ac line.
AmaroqStarwind
05/09/18 01:35 AM

Give the UniAC/2 the same range brackets as an LRM, and the same minimum range. Remove the minimum range from the Clan version, or when using either Armor Piercing, Flechette or Cluster munitions.

Give the UniAC/5 a minimum range of 3, and remove the minimum range for the Clan version and for Armor Piercing, Flechette and Cluster Munitions.

Also, Incendiary Munitions really need to raise enemy heat levels, but against anything other than infantry all they do is make your autocannon more dangerous to use.

Oh, and additionally, I would suggest adding Class 8, Class 12* and Class 15 Universal Autocannons.
*Class 12 would be a headcapper for against mechs that don't use Hardened Armor, Ferro Lamellar Armor, or Reinforced Internal Structures.
Discord: Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
Telegram: @Lycanphoenix
MechEngine (Alpha) -- On Hiatus

The Scientist Caste has determined that time travel is dishonorable.
Retry
05/09/18 09:34 AM

Alternative Ammo types like Cluster and Precision can be used in double-tap mode. I'll edit that into the OP.

No minimum ranges on the smaller Autocannons. Never really understood the point of those, and IMHO the AC/5 and AC/2 especially do not need any more crutches.
wolf_lord_30
05/09/18 10:55 AM

No, they don't need more crutches. I understand they have a few range advantages compared to other weapons, but not enough to justify hindering them. And the ac/2 only does 2 points. I think you should be able to plunk out 2 points a turn without being penalized.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3703

Contact Admins Sarna.net