LRM 5 Artemis-capable Ammo AFT 24
LRM 5 Semi-guided Ammo AFT 24

Equipment Loc
----------------------------------
Artemis IV FCS LWG
Guardian ECM Suite NOS
Vehicular Stealth NOS
Vehicular Stealth AFT

Sorry, another MegaMekLab WIP. I'm sorry!

While typing up the Aerospace WIP that went with my fuel question thread, I had an audacious idea.

"What if a ship had lots of fuel AND speed? Well, it could hit the enemy, outrun them until outside their operational range, then hit then again. And it could even engage them while they try to disengage to refuel!."

It was a fiendish idea to be sure. Most Aerospace Fighters mentioned on Sarna carry about 5~ tons or so of fuel. This one carries 12...

Most Aerospace Fighters I have re-built off of Sarna in MekaMekLab have a movement profile well under 7/11, with the Seydlitz being exceptional in this regard. This one has an 8/12...

Upon finishing my post, I looked up the Vehicular Stealth Armor entry on Sarna, to check if it functioned the way BattleMech Stealth Armor does. I wasn't going to post the fiendish idea above, but with the addition of Vehicular Stealth Armor in the mix, it was too good to pass up.

So, here it is, the Darkstar, a Work In Progress mind you. Until such time as I have Heavy Metal Aero and can post clean, comprehensive designs; these will remain WIP. I have a hoard of vehicles waiting too, soon I have will have the full Heavy Metal suite... soon.

Now, to the meat, the Darkstar is a stealth Heavy Skirmisher and Harraser. It's Artemis Enhanced LRM-5 and TAG allow it to spot for Arrow IV toting friendly Aerospace assets, as well as utilize Semi-Guided LRM ammo. It's Streak SRM-4's ammo efficiency complements it's accurate Small Pulse Lasers. 2-tons of ammo for the LRM-5 combined with Darkstar's incredible range allow it to maximize it's Stealth Armor advantage, dancing around slower fighters or outright obliterating anything fast enough to close with it.

9 tons of the stealth armor in question is adequate for it's role as a Skrimsher, Harasser; however the Darkstar wasn't designed for heavy combat and shouldn't be used as such. Care should be taken by the pilot when engaging, and frequent disengagement is encouraged. Although the armament is decent for it's role, pilot's should be aware of the fact that the Darkstar's Stealth Armor confers no benefit's at short range; thus a Pilot should only move to engage at this range if they have expended all available LRM ammo and feel they can confidently engage the target and/or remaining targets. As once the Streak SRM-4 is out of ammo, the pilot will only have the fore and aft Small Pulse Lasers to fight with.
"Woad Raider, kill things today."

Edited by l0rDn0o8sKiLlZ (05/15/18 01:01 AM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2773

Contact Admins Sarna.net