Mechs vs vehicles?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Bob_Richter
11/27/01 09:35 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
>>>Actually I never agreed to making them my self I said it was an option but alas one I don't have time to use. So I am asking you to find some one to make them for us. <<<

Sure. Okay. Whatever, master.

>>>then once it's all done you can see if your ideas are correct or not...<<<

I know my ideas are correct. Called "strength of conviction"
I don't need to prove myself, you want me to shut up.
Are we clear on where we stand?

>>>so please spare me and the rest of us your endless
repeating of things we can all go and read over and over again on threads below... <<<

Ah, well....that's not exactly possible. If you keep ASSERTING the same things, I have to keep rebuffing them, don't I? Don't bring old stuff up, and I'll spend less time repeating myself. My fingers will thank you.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Karagin
11/27/01 09:43 AM

Right well, I can see that you are going back to the old idea of you being attacked because folks disagree with your ideas...

Like I said, the battle will tell the finial word on the subject, so let's have it be the descession maker here.

And you are the one repeating your self over and over, I am simply pointing out what is in the BMR-R for vehicles and how they work and take damage, something you won't listen too or heed...but since you don't want it brought up then I guess I won't.

So as soon as you get someone to do the maps, let me know I will download them, and we can have the battle.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
NathanKell
11/27/01 11:44 AM

I'd be glad to, if you'll point me to the program.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Bob_Richter
11/27/01 12:12 PM

www.OpenRPG.com.

You'll need to download the OpenRPG program itself as well as Python and wxPython.

OpenRPG comes with a handy tutorial which should help you understand it...

some minis (which will be useful in constructing a map) can be found at:

http://www.novagate.net/~warhammer/

Give me an e-maul when you're done.

They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
Bob_Richter
11/27/01 12:12 PM

Oh yeah. Thanks bunches. I owe you.

NathanKell
12/02/01 12:36 AM

*coughs*
Sorry to spam, but I sent the email on Tuesday (27th) and I was wondering whether it got through...
Address was per your profile.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Bob_Richter
12/02/01 12:48 AM

It doesn't seem to have. Odd. Maybe I should look at my profile again.

Bob_Richter
12/02/01 12:50 AM

Nope. It's right.

Maybe my server screwed up or something.

*shrug*

Bob_Richter
12/02/01 08:37 PM

Nathan's doing the map.

It's not done, but I understand it's getting there.

I don't know. Do you need help, Nathan?

NathanKell
12/02/01 10:43 PM

I certainly wouldn't mind help ;). Indeed, being a complete neophyte at OpenRPG, I'd welcome it.
Hmm...I guess e-mail probably remains the best option, so as both not to clutter the board and keep the process impartial. My E-mail is per my profile.
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
12/06/01 02:26 AM

Sorry this took a while--I finally decided to make the map first, then put it into OpenRPG--so, anyway, I've got a map mocked up. I still need to transfer it into OpenRPG, though I'm not sure which method to use. 'Course, you may want me to go back to the drawing board anyway.
Here's the directory.
And a couple pictures:
Isometric rear-front, no grid

Isometric front-rear, no grid

Isometric with grid.

Rear-front straight perspective with grid

Regular top-down view

Ligtht blue is depth 0 water, medium blue is depth 1 water, and dark blue is depth 2 water. The darker, denser forest pieces are heavy forests. The map is 40x40.
This the sort of terrain you were looking for?
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
12/06/01 02:29 AM

Close, if you happen to have the maps sets that have the rolling hills and heavy woods map that is more what I had in mind, with a mixing in of original Battletech map as the open ground part, with some of the woods scattered around to even things out...

Nice pics though...
Karagin

Bob_Richter
12/06/01 05:28 AM

What did you use to generate these? They kick butt.

Um. We need to meet on OpenRPG sometime so I can explain map creation.

For what it's worth, I think this map is fine...

NathanKell
12/06/01 01:56 PM

Thanks.
Software: 3D Studio MAX (CGI is my hobby / maybe-soon-job)
I went with something I know--I had to scratch build it, but I got the result I wanted. Plus you can actually *see* the darn thing from more than one angle.
My problem with OpenRPG is that, whenever I zoom in or out, the number of hexes change. Plus I don't really like the idea of representing elevation by miniatures.
Meeting there would be very helpful.
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
12/06/01 01:58 PM

How about...
A small hill in the upper right, some tree-lining for the highway, and some scattered clumps of trees in the open spaces.
This okay with both of you?
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
12/06/01 02:06 PM

Closeups, because I like the trees and bridge ;)

Amazingly, the whole durn thing is only 15k faces, mostly because the trees are cheats. Difference between these dual-plane fakes:

and these 500k faces per piece monstrosities:
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
12/06/01 02:59 PM

Sounds fine, could you toss in some more hills?
Karagin

Bob_Richter
12/06/01 03:21 PM

I believe that was what MechWar 3d was supposed to be about...

I do wonder how that project is doing.

Bob_Richter
12/06/01 03:22 PM

A small island in that lake would be a nice touch. :)

Korbel
12/06/01 03:26 PM

Whatever happened to that... I haven't heard anything new from them in a long time (mechwar 3D)
NathanKell
12/06/01 03:45 PM

Y'know, that was the original plan, then I thought "too cheesy." :D
Coming up.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
12/06/01 03:45 PM

Sure whatever
Karagin

NathanKell
12/06/01 03:48 PM

OK, coming up
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
12/06/01 06:33 PM

Thanks.
Karagin

NathanKell
12/07/01 01:21 AM

Island:

No hexes:

Hexes:

Oh, and the new rubble piece:

Anything else to put on?
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
12/07/01 02:12 AM

Very impressive...I like it...though a few more trees scattered about would be nice, but overall this is very good...
Karagin

Bob_Richter
12/07/01 02:21 AM

It's got plenty of trees, if you ask me.

Karagin
12/07/01 02:26 AM

And seeing how I didn't why not keep that to your self...

I don't think it does...given that the maps picked had a lot of trees on them and so should these...after all it's not like we are using BOOK mechs/vehicles here at tourenment level game and you wanted customs...so I got dibs on the terrain.

IF you want to B---- about it now, then do it some where else cause I am sure none of us want to hear.

It needs more trees and then it should be done, and all they need to be is scattered around in lumps of two and three...after all I wouldn't want you B------ about the lack of LOS on the map.
Karagin

Bob_Richter
12/07/01 02:37 AM

>>>so I got dibs on the terrain. <<<

I strenuously object, as always.

The terrain should be BALANCED (or, honestly, so you can more effectively prove your point, drawn up to my advantage), not canted to your advantage. The more trees there are on the map, the more you restrict combat range and movement speed, both to your advantage.

>>>after all it's not like we are using BOOK mechs/vehicles here<<<

Which has nothinng to do with anything. I've explained to you numerous times why this was necessary.

Karagin
12/07/01 02:41 AM

It is balance, it reflect any battlefield on terran like planet, if you don't like then run the battle with someone else.

This is the map we are using with some extra trees toss around it and that is finial.

If you don't like don't play and then all you have to do is post here on the boards admiting your theories about vehicles in this game, Battletech, are wrong.

So what is going to be Bob? Play with this map with some extra trees here and there or not?

I think I have been very fair to you, I let you rebuild your vehicle given that you made a mistake on it, and the at the same time I didn't touch my mechs to make any changes. Then I gave in on your crying about my choice LRM ammo, again you had to have YOUR way and now you are complaing about the map...when does your whinning and such stop?

So what is it going to be Bob? The balll is in your court...
Karagin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 62 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 55083

Contact Admins Sarna.net