Poll: Which Mech is Iconic of Battletech?

Pages: 1
CrayModerator
02/25/02 02:54 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Which of the following mechs is Iconic of Battletech?

The Iconic Mech is...
Shadowhawk
Warhammer
Atlas
Battlemaster
MadCat
Other, please name it in a reply post

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 07:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
KamikazeJohnson
02/25/02 03:00 PM

I got my first exposure to BTech playing CHI, and the Locust was simply the kewlest looking thing in the game...kinda reminded me of the Walker things from Star Wars ;-) So Locust wins due to favourable first impression :-)
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
02/25/02 03:34 PM

As before, Whammer. That gold WHM was what will always be BT for me.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Greyslayer
02/25/02 04:32 PM

The Marauder. Even though my first exposure was through Mechwarrior (the computer game) and later playing the Mechwarrior 2 roleplaying system later (where my first mech was a Stealth) this mech typified the history and the synopsis of the game. Which to me was a 'Dark Ages' style of futuristic combat where there had been better times but now only those that are easy to maintain and repair remain.

the MadCat is the other end of the spectrum ... MORonic. Representitive of the uber-weenie mentality and the perfectionist traits. The other mechs in the list just introduce body to the game though particularly something unlikely like the Shadow Hawk which reminds me that even though something good can survive evolution there are times when the 'what the?' factor comes to the fore.

Greyslayer
novakitty
02/25/02 05:34 PM

As one who met Battletech with the three games in one pack (CHI, CHR, Mechwarrior) I fully understand. The Locust just looked cool. But the Phoenix Hawk LAM hidden in the Star League facility was my favorite mech mentioned in any of those games.
meow
CrayModerator
02/25/02 05:39 PM

The Shadowhawk adorned the cover of the early rulebooks - BT 2nd edition, Citytech, etc. It also figured prominently early in the GDL books.

Its battlefield performance is another matter, of course, but the quality artwork and dramatic pose of the SHD always made an impression on me.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
KamikazeJohnson
02/25/02 05:53 PM

yeah, the LAM was definitely kewl :-) Would have been even better if there was any way to actually use the thing,,,

I think I was doubly impressed with the Locust in Mechwarrior...imagine the Locust being the Ultimate Weapon!!!!!
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Bob_Richter
02/25/02 09:12 PM

For me, there is no iconic 'Mech of Battletech. Some days I'm in the mood for a Locust or a Stinger, other days a Rifleman or a Crusader is more appropriate. Or a Marauder of Battlemaster. Or even my horridly illegal frankenmech Earthshaker.

*sobs*

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Black_Phoenix
02/25/02 09:48 PM

Many of you can guess what my answer will be, but I have to say it anyway. The Atlas is the icon of BTech. I came into the books/game long after the HG and unseen lawsuit so I can't really say one of those is iconic (to me). And at one point I even had a pic. of the Atlas in school and one of my friends recognized it from when his brother used to play. It was also on the cover of the first BTech game that I bought.

And anyway, I like the Atlas. :P
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Nightmare
02/26/02 12:35 AM

The Marauder MAD-3R of course! It adorns the cover of the
old 3025 TRO...
Advice for Evil Overlords:
My legions of terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4031

Contact Admins Sarna.net