Best Drop Ship

Pages: 1
TRYCORP
02/25/02 08:41 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Well, I am about to get my copy of Aerotech (hopefully) and i wanna know what the best dropship is for diffent situations.. like anti mech, mech landing, anti-aircraft, space combat and so on... Any imput?
"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Black_Phoenix
02/25/02 09:38 PM

I'd have to go with the Overlord. It's a very common DS but it can be reliable. Just my opinion.
History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever.
-Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

Kottos
02/26/02 12:21 AM

Well, for shooting other dropships I recommend the Achilles.
The Fortress is good for holding a ground position.

Beyond that, it's usually a question of what you need to carry.
Nightward
02/26/02 04:24 PM

I'd wait for the TR: 3067 to come out. If the Outpost is any example, it would appear that the new DropShips therein are going to be very nasty indeed.

At the moment, the Overlord (or Overlord-C, if you're Clan) is the best 'Mech Carrier in existance, able to load up 6 (I think) AeroSpace Fighters, 36 'Mechs and some Infantry, if I remember correctly. The Overlord-C carries even more 'Mechs and, I( think, some Infantry.

The best AeroSpace Carrier is the Vengeance. Big and nasty, and capable of carrying about 40 Fighters.

The best Infantry transport these days is the Nagumo. It used to be the Achilles, but the Nagumo has the advantage of being able to operate in atmosphere, something the Achilles cannot do.

The best Assualt Vessel so far is the Noruff. Evil, evil, evil. 8/12 with it's weapon loadout....urg.

A word of warning: AT2 only contains stats for AeroSpace and conventional Fightercraft, not DropShips. You'll still have to buy the 3057 Tech Readout to get those.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightward
02/26/02 04:34 PM

The Nagumo is just as fast, but has heavier armour and weaponry. Additionally, it is an Aerodyne and not a Spheroid, which makes it much better operating in an atmosphere.

Of course, I may be a little biased...I am a DCMS player.

The Lion is not bad, either.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Nightward
02/26/02 04:48 PM

Yes, but they (Spheroids) handle like a stoned cow whilst in an atmosphere. Aerodynes aren't much better, but every little bit helps.
NathanKell
02/26/02 08:46 PM

D'ye mean the Seeker, not the Achilles? (the Achilles was also an aerodyne.)
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
02/27/02 06:04 PM

The Intruder and Seeker are both Spheroids, so it doesn't particularly matter. I think the Seeker also carried Vehicles, thoguh, so it might be a good choice for the heavy infantry units...
NathanKell
02/27/02 06:45 PM

Or Intruder, true.
In your posts, though, you referred to the Achilles :P
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
02/27/02 06:48 PM

When I talked about Spheroids I meant that the Intruder was one, not an Achilles. I guess I should have been a bit more clear, eh?
NathanKell
02/27/02 08:19 PM

What confused me, though, was why you nominated the Achilles as the best infantry transport bar the Nagumo (since it can carry but one platoon, and can't enter an atmosphere).
Thomas Jefferson
Nightward
02/27/02 08:24 PM

Ah. I see.

The Achilles was concieved as an assualt vessel, meaning it carries the MArines. Since it had Infantry, I called it a Transport. It is also very fast for a DropShip (8/12) and carried heavy armour, plus an insane array of weapons. In my book, that made it a good infantry transport, but then it can't operate in atmosphere.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 40 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3610

Contact Admins Sarna.net