Draconis Combine and the FedCom Civil War

Pages: 1
Hellbringer
03/04/02 06:35 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ever since Outreach 3051 Victor has been pretty tight with Theodore and Hohiro Kurita and he has been really tight with Omi Kurita. He and Omi have had quite a deep relationship since the Star League conference. Will the Combine give up forces to back-up Victor in this final showdown with Katherine? They will certainaly recognize and assist him politically, but are things good enough between them for the Combine not to rebel if Theodore orders troops into the fight. The Kuritans have just finished a devestating war with Clan Ghost Bear, but also remember that Theodore is now serving as First Lord of the Star League. What do you all think?
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Bob_Richter
03/04/02 06:39 PM

1) Kuritans enjoy fighting
2) Kuritans enjoy killing Lyrans
3) Kuritans enjoy killing Davions

If Theodore was to enter the Civil War, he would probably gain a great deal of support from the DCMS.

On the other hand, the Lyrans and the Davions wouldn't appreciate it much.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Hellbringer
03/04/02 07:07 PM

First there is no way that Theodore would allow the DCMS to assist the Lyran bastards in any way. And why would not Victor want the Combine's help. He has a lot of pull inside and outside of FedCom, but he is still going to need all the help he can get.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Karagin
03/04/02 07:10 PM

They (the Combine) might have given troops to help Victor in roles of peacekeeping or as needed if he was in need of them as to end the war quickly, but with the recent attacks by forces in the Draconis March on the Combine, I don't see Theo giving any troops to Victor and with the rising problems in the Combine, I don't see him having the troops to spare.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Bob_Richter
03/04/02 08:30 PM

There are Lyrans and Davions on BOTH sides of this war. We don't call it a Civil War for nothing. Personally, I'm a Lyran, but I support Victor.

>>>And why would not Victor want the Combine's help. He has a lot of pull inside and outside of FedCom, but he is still going to need all the help he can get. <<<

Because a lot of folks would see him as turning over their realm to its mortal enemy.

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Lance_Hawkins
03/05/02 09:14 AM

2 good reasons why Victor wouldn't ask for DCMS help if he wants a chance to win:

1) DCMS attacks on Skye, and annexation of the Lyon's Thumb in 3062
2) DCMS attacks on Robinson and other Draconis March worlds in late 3062

Asking the DCMS to aide him is a sure way to turn most FedSuns and Lyrans against him, it's bad enough that he's sleeping with the Coordinator's daughter.

Øystein
I have seen the best of men go past, I do not want to be the last.
Nightward
03/05/02 06:35 PM

Theodore Kurita will not enter the Federated Commonwealth Civil War.

The most obvious reason for this is that it would be counter-productive. At the moment he is trying to assimilate the Nova Cats and work with the Star League, two things which would be difficult at the best of times, and only more so in the current climate.

The other point is that as long as the AFFS and LAAF are doing such a good job of ripping each other up, there is no point in committing DCMS troops. If Theodore thinks he can expand bloodlessly, he will (the Lyon's Thumb, anyone?), but risking troops in such a volatile environment is not his style. In the chaos following the wake of whoever wins trying to establish their power, he might send in 'Peace-keepers' who conviniently neglect to leave, though. I know I would.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3143

Contact Admins Sarna.net