What ya think..

Pages: 1
TRYCORP
03/29/02 11:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
You think its alright to mix elementals and second line mechs. Or Aerospace fighters and second line mechs. Or heck, Second line mechs, elementals, and aerospace fighters! (trying to piece together my left overs.
"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Grizzly
03/29/02 11:19 AM

I don't see why not. I don't play clans much, but what clan mini's I do have are a mix of omnis and second line mechs with some gnomes thrown in for good measure.
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
TRYCORP
03/29/02 11:21 AM

Well, I was just going to throw a bunch of my "non-nova cat" stuff together, say that it was a bunch of isora stuff and kit bash um' into a unit. But then I end up with these guys hanging on behind my Star of first line omni's.
"Machine Guns! Thats a Summoner out there! Do you plan to punch little holes in it, and have it fall down from too much ventilation!?!"

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
TRYCORP
03/29/02 04:51 PM

Anyone else have any imput? Or should I start a poll?

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Spartan
03/29/02 11:40 PM

Sure. Elementals and aerospace fighters have second line units and personnel just like mechs. Though, if you can, you may want to throw in some clanner vehicles and foot infantry for good measure.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
TRYCORP
03/30/02 12:24 PM

Any suggestions on vehicles that are easy to find miniature wise?

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Spartan
03/31/02 02:02 PM

Fraid not. I'm not really familiar with clan vehicles per se, but I do know their organization.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
TRYCORP
03/31/02 02:25 PM

Isn't it 2 vehicles = 1 point?

In all likely-hood it will turn out:
3 Mechs
2 Vehicles
1 Aerospace Fighter

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Greyslayer
03/31/02 04:30 PM

As far as I know Clam units don't use Aerospace in points of a mech/vehicle star. They can however replace mechs with aerospace as part of a bid (as long as their command status gives them access to aerospace). There could be exceptions to this method but I would serverely doubt a unit doing so.

Greyslayer
NathanKell
03/31/02 04:51 PM

I thought the whole point of the Super Combined Arms approach of which the Clans are so fond *was* to combine any and all units at the star level.
Case in point: Clan Wolf Strategic Command Stars (is that the name?) which have 3pts mechs and 2pts (4) Fighters, IIRC.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
03/31/02 04:52 PM

2 ASFs to a point.
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
NathanKell
03/31/02 04:58 PM

I'd be interested in trying out a second-line Supernova (trinary) along these lines:
1 star IFVs (+2 stars Elementals)
1 star Eponas, or even better something with an XL
1 star medium ASFs (well, 3pts maybe, and 2pts Kirghiz Paratroop ASFs)
Call it a Blitz Trinary, maybe.
Thomas Jefferson
TRYCORP
03/31/02 05:03 PM

I think I remember hearing about that..

TRYCORP
Clan Nova Cat
Cheapbuzz
05/02/02 08:43 AM

Whatever floats yer boat.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5463

Contact Admins Sarna.net