Fifth Succession War

Pages: 1
Hellbringer
04/24/02 11:59 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
If the Clans had not come in 3050 would Davion have launched another Succession War using the technological advances gained from the Gray Death Memory Core? I beleive they would have had the army to do so by the mid 3050s. If so, would Hanse Davion have been First Lord of a new Star League by 3060-65?
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
novakitty
04/25/02 12:33 AM

In accordance with prophecy, he would die at least one hour before the last peace (surrender) treaty is signed, leaving that position to his son.

By "his son" I am, of course, refering to Victor.
meow
Karagin
04/25/02 01:25 AM

Maybe, but given a lot of the strife and other internal problems I don't think we would have seen a 5th war...not until the AFFC had more military jumpships so as not to take civilian JS out of action.

Plus as one side got better toys the other Houses had their own copies of the Core and the advantages gained by one side would not last very long...

If a fifth war came I think it would have been triggered by Laio trying to regain lost ground and they would have ended up crushed. With Mairk trying to play al sides off on another...also a lot of the new toys out there would not have been around since there are no Clans to deal with...Mairk would not be supplying all the mechs and weapons that they are suppling now and things like battlearmor would not be around.

Omni mechs would not be there nor would we see things like the Light Gauss etc...not for a while.

I say by the time peace returns in this parell universe, there would be no House Laio, and both House Kurtia and House Marik will have been bled white trying to hold back the AFFC. Meanwhile the FC would have paid a heavy price to take the remaining part of the CapCon and then what ever it could from the FWL and DC...plus ComStar would have taken a side in this war and odds are they would have ended up fighting the AFFC.

So in the end same old story minus a player or two...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
CrayModerator
04/25/02 07:01 AM

Yes. I figure he was aiming for another Combine smack down.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Hellbringer
04/25/02 11:35 AM

Did the other houses have full copies of the Core? I didn't know they had any of it. But it does seem that NAIS was reaping the fruits of the Core faster than anyone else.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Karagin
04/25/02 11:57 AM

Kurtia got theirs from Duke Ricol who got a copy for helping the Grey Death Legion get off of Helm.

Grayson made it clear he wanted all of the Inner Sphere to have the Core and it's info. I believe the Kurtia gave copies to Laio and Marik when they formed their little alliance to take on the FC prior to the 4th War.

Each houses has something similar to NAIS, but for the most part none are as well funded or as well know.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3345

Contact Admins Sarna.net