Question on the T-Bolt missles?

Pages: 1
Cheapbuzz
04/26/02 08:50 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
According to the T-bolt rules they are an easy target for AMS, but in the AMS rules it says it cannot shoot down the T-bolt missles. (At least in my rulebooks.) So how do you deal with this situation when you play?
Acolyte
04/26/02 10:03 PM

I roll the damage for the AMS, and if it's over the damage capacity that the missile would do, the missile is shot down.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
NathanKell
04/26/02 10:20 PM

Maximum Tech, which has the latest rendition of the Level 3 rules (including rules for Thunderbolt missiles) says nothing of it being immune to AMS.
And, since it's only one missile, you're guaranteed an interception with a functioning AMS

House rule? Roll 2D6 for the AMS. A 2 fumbles, otherwise the T-bolt missile is destroyed.
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Greyslayer
04/27/02 12:32 AM

Or use the manual AMS roll which is related to the Piloting Skill of the pilot like a normal weapon system. If the round was armoured specifically against 'in-flight' damage (which the original fluff on the round said it wasn't) then I would give it a saving roll.

Not every mech is going to have an AMS nor will every arc of said mech can be covered by the AMS in every situation so the Thunderbolt isn't totally useless against said mech carrying the system.

Greyslayer
Hellbringer
04/27/02 08:35 AM

Shouldn't the roll be based off of the pilot gunnery skill, not piloting?
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Greyslayer
04/27/02 05:51 PM

The player is not physically 'aiming' the AMS but rather selecting the correct Missile Volley to attack within a certain period of time. More to do with pilot knowing the controls of his machine than physically 'aiming'. Also piloting is usually higher on a mechwarrior which allows for a greater chance to miss (though easier to drop lower than gunnery).

Greyslayer
Karagin
04/27/02 05:59 PM

AMS can shoot down T-bolts...you may want to get Max Tech...it is the latest set of Level 3 rules.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
KamikazeJohnson
04/27/02 09:56 PM

>>Not every mech is going to have an AMS nor will every arc of said mech can be covered by the AMS in every situation so the Thunderbolt isn't totally useless against said mech carrying the system. <<

Not to mention that AMS chews through ammo in a hurry, can explode, etc. In a lance battle (or larger) many 'Mechs with AMS will eventually find themselves without protection against the big momma missile.
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Hellbringer
04/28/02 01:25 AM

He is not asking about the mine-laying missles. Thunder Bolt Missles, to explain them easily, are one big missle. Instead of firing several small missles like an LRM 15, T-Bolts fire one big missle that does 15 damage. I hope that helps. I believe this is where some of the confusion about the rules is coming from, people read the rules for thunder mines then read the rules for T-Bolts, and got them mixed up.
"But it SHOULD be a spectacle! It should be grand and exciting to us all! I'd hate to think that we've become so jaded that we find even our greatest tiumph, resurrecting the Star League, simply one more obligation."
-General Victor Steiner-Davion (First Prince and Archon in exile) 3064
Diablo
04/29/02 07:05 PM

then what about T-bolt 15's and 20's?
"whats that bluish fuzzy thing on your head?"
-Luciphear to Talis, just before he exploded.

www.geocitis.com/luciph34r
Acolyte
04/29/02 07:21 PM

To big to shoot down. Arrow IV's weigh less and are immune.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 77 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4909

Contact Admins Sarna.net