Mech names...or Wait I had that name first!

Pages: 1
Karagin
05/08/02 11:39 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Well I was flipping through TR3067 during lunch and I noticed a mech that had the same name as one of my Terran Defense Force mechs...the Bowman.

Now how many folks have made a mech, had it for months or even a few years to findout that there is an offical canon mech with the name you had used out there now?

So what do you do? Keep the name? Hey you had it first. Or do you change it and hope that it don't show up later?

Now who has made a mech, who's stats oddly enough match the ones on a new mech in any of the TRs beyond 3050? A friend had one of his mechs match the Dart from 3055 and he built his mech back in 1990. We thought it was funny...so he simple called it a prototype and that was that.

So let's here some input on this and what do you folks thing about it.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
KamikazeJohnson
05/09/02 12:00 AM

I had one of my 'Mech names appear on an "Official" design...this was years ago, so I don't recall which one. I guess if you design lots of 'Mechs and name them all, it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Anyway, if it happened again with a 'Mech I use regularly, I'd simply keep the name and refer to it as MY whatever-I-called-it

I highly doubt any of my designs are exactly matched by any book design...FA$A designs aren't that good In fact, if it happened, I think I might lose faith in my design abilities...
Peace is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.
--Thomas Jefferson
Cheapbuzz
05/09/02 04:32 AM

I had built the design of the MadCat MKII before. Except my version has larger lrms and was a little bit slower.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2291

Contact Admins Sarna.net