More MW DA stuff

Pages: 1
Karagin
05/29/02 02:53 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mwdarkage/mw_article.asp?cid=36752

Love the mixing of Level 2 unit with Level 3 armor and calling it standard unit...so very Warhammerish...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Greyslayer
05/30/02 12:43 AM

Accepting something from a Microsoft game in the same area as 'cannon' material is only asking for trouble.

Greyslayer
SuperCharger
05/30/02 01:49 AM

I guess at least we do find out Stone replaced the Star League with the "Republic of the Sphere."

Oh wait...a galactic Republic with battle droids and soldiers in armored suits...and warriors in quasi-religious orders...and even spherical starships...when will the Star Wars/BattleTech swiss-cheesing ever stop?
Cheapbuzz
05/30/02 02:20 AM

::Vomits uncontrollably::
Greyslayer
05/30/02 02:24 AM

*wonders if Cheapbuzz has a Warhammer 'power-puke' type template to use in MW: DA* .

'Oh no his stomach acid is eating through my paper-thin forrestry-mech armour'

Greyslayer
Karagin
05/30/02 10:53 AM

When Lucas is told about the similarites once again...
Karagin

Karagin
05/30/02 01:31 PM

Speaking of that, I heard this from a friend who played MW4...the Bombast Laser and the Heavy Gauss Rifle seem to be the same weapon to him.

His reasons are based off the damage of the two weapons...both have the damage adjusted by range. Interesting idea none the less.
Karagin

Spartan
05/30/02 01:47 PM

I may just not want to see the obvious truth, or maybe I just need to pay more attention, but what happens when the Classic Battletech storyline catches up to the MWDA story line? Do they continue on with the same story line but different game rules? Or does Classic Battletech cease to exist?
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Bob_Richter
05/31/02 06:46 PM

Especially since the word is "canon"
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Bob_Richter
05/31/02 06:51 PM

>>>Love the mixing of Level 2 unit with Level 3 armor and calling it standard unit...so very Warhammerish... <<<

What's wrong with that? Some level 2 WEAPONS are now based on level 3 weapons. Level 3, to me, is the stuff that's 1) Not in wide deployment
2) Not in wide deployment
3) Generally disliked by FASA/FanPro for some gawdawful reason.

Because there's no longer a distinction in cheese factor between the two. MRMs, Stealth Armor, RACs, and HGRs (just to name a few) took care of that nicely.

Furthermore, MW: DA is an all-new game set 70 years in the future. Clearly Gnome armor has been redesigned with a reactive armor system that is tournament legal (the meaning of level 2, if you'll recall.)

My only concern is the awful fluff they've written for it.

-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Hurlbut
06/03/02 12:19 PM

Too bad it is heavier than the Heavy laser and is an Inner Sphere tech. Though it does show a possibiliy to produce a counterpart of the Clans' heavy lasers.
Karagin
06/04/02 09:00 AM

Not sure...but I would hazard a guess that they would drop the old rules for the new.

Rumor has it that FP is hoping to be able to keep things going as an alternative track once the two meet, but as I said this is a rumor.
Karagin

Spartan
06/04/02 11:26 AM

"Not sure...but I would hazard a guess that they would drop the old rules for the new."

That would be the truth I don't want to see.

"Rumor has it that FP is hoping to be able to keep things going as an alternative track once the two meet, but as I said this is a rumor."

I hope it turns out to be more than a rumor.
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
Tron
06/04/02 07:05 PM

Aside from that point doesn't maxtech simply state such armor is experimental or being refined. By Dark Ages these things should've been common even if they weren't used much thanks to that relatively long lasting peace.
"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."-Kosh

We are a race that has the ability of going beyond the boundries placed on us. The question we should ask ourselves then is whether or not we should go beyond those boundries?
Greyslayer
06/05/02 08:46 AM

And this relates to microsoft rewriting current history how?

Greyslayer
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4373

Contact Admins Sarna.net