defensive fire missile and ELRMS

Pages: 1
neochu
07/13/02 03:46 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I am becoming familiarized with level three technology but I am not shure of these two weapons I do not know what dfm missiles are. I am aware of the srm variety and the lrm variety but I do not have a description of them all I know is that they cause almost double damage from the conventional variety I would appreciate a description of them and a description of elrms if I am wrong (standard lrms but with an extended range and heat)
thank you for your answers
Kyle turner
Acolyte
07/13/02 03:55 PM

DFM dumb fire missiles. SRM's with no targeting system and more payload. They do 3 damage each, have a range of 1-2,3-4,5-6. In addition, you roll 3 dice on the missile hits chart and take the lowest two.

Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for one night,
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Acolyte
CrayModerator
07/14/02 01:00 AM

Defensive Fire Missiles? You mean Dumb Fire Missiles, unguided variants of SRMs and LRMs in the Tactical Handbook? They just shed guidance for a bigger warhead. The DF LRMs have a range like a PPC and a minimum of (IIRC) 4.

They and ELRMS, like most of the Tactical Handbook items, have disappeared from BT in a concerted effort to forget the Tactical Handbook.

DFMs have been superceded by MRMs and Rocket Launchers. ELRMs remain in FASA's "trying to forget about them" box.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Edited by Cray (07/14/02 01:02 AM)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3266

Contact Admins Sarna.net