LAMs

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
Nightward
01/21/07 11:52 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
The canon designs still exist, same as the old Unseen/Reseen ones.

Somethin' tells me you young fellas don't really know toomuch about the lawsuit. It turned out that Harmony Gold didn't hold the copyrights or trademarks, either, but nobody could really determine who did. Because they were taken to task by an American corporation that wasn't the originator (and which had, in fact, butchered the original material) it kind of disintigratecd. FASA just made them Unseen rather than face the hassle. We got them back in the end any way.

Finally, the Clans did use LAMs. Admittedly, it happened in the OMG, JDAE FLACONS RULE OMGOMGOMG!!11eleventy novel, Freebirth, but there you go.

I hate the Jade Falcons. And any time people ask me why, I point at Freebirth and I Am Jade Falcon. They're not as bad as Roar of Honour, but that's a rant for another day.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
Karagin
01/22/07 06:28 AM

Actually you need to come up to date your self, we got back new images but NOTHING has replaced the 3025 images as of yet. When TPTB have been asked about the new Project Phoinex images being used for or as replacements for the old 3025 images we have told no they aren't ment for that.

One time use in a novel is just that one time experimental use and even they dropped the project as failure.
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Fang
01/22/07 08:49 AM

Yeah, I remember hearing that about Harmony not really holding the rights. ANd though I have not read the project phoenix material, I do rememebr reading about it that the imges/reworking were not meant as a replacement, but as an alternative. Is that correct?
One by one, the rabbits are stealing my sanity.....
Greyslayer
01/22/07 09:49 AM

Quote:

If you want to use LAMs then do so, but I don't think you can get Randal to bring them, hell we have better chance of getting them to drop the Jihad storyline before they bring back LAMs.

Can't they just drop both LAMs and Jihad storyline? About as worthy of each other.
Toontje
01/22/07 11:37 AM

Well.. Jihad is a new approach. It has comparable parts in other story lines, but it is most definately genuine product. (Where lawyers just got rich in the HG-FASA lawsuit; bit dirty, to sue a smaller company till they relent due to cashflow, but that's the corporate world.)
Rather to blow up, then.
Fang
01/22/07 12:25 PM

Never read the Jihad storyline. Not sure I want to.
NewPharoah_Max
01/22/07 01:02 PM

How about calling LAMs "WAMEs" (Wingstube Airglidance 'Mech Effects)?
Greetings to you too.

Edited by NewPharoah_Max (01/22/07 02:10 PM)
Karagin
01/22/07 08:18 PM

It could work...but again I point out how easy it is to turn the LAMs into Munchkin machines from hell and very little can counter them. That I believe is one of the biggest reasons they aren't considered worth bring back.
Karagin

Karagin
01/22/07 08:19 PM

You know I agree with you, but as I said...
Karagin

Karagin
01/22/07 08:21 PM

The Jihad is nothing more then the Amaris Coup and the First Succession War rolled into one plot line...instead of something believable for a universe reset they rehashed old plots to get the same old over done storyline. Nutcases with nukes go on rampage...tons of sci-fi out there with that in it...
Karagin

Karagin
01/22/07 08:27 PM

ComStar splits in two, you get some fantics called the Word of Blake who flee to the FWL, then in 21 years they become this major player on interstellar stage, they invade and take Terra from ComStar, and some how start this massive building spree to gain huge army since they hold Terra they can do all this and keep it hidden from the IS Intell groups for well over 2 and half decades, then they strike out at everyone including the Clans in the IS when the SL is disolved once again after the FC civil war, they nuke the crap out of Outreach all because Wolf's Dragoons have been trying to help planets that don't want to be part of the WoB rebuilding of the old Terran Hegemongy. The fighting goes on with Tamar being nuked and biochem weapons used and in all of this a super hero arises who bring about a rebellion and throws off the WoB's yoke on Terra and other worlds and in the end gets to for the Republic of Sphere (ROTS) and then things move full into the MWDA set of events...

So far the plot has nutcases with nukes, a rehash of the Amaris Coup with the 1st Succession War mixed in. The events from Renegade Legion where Tarjan throws off the yoke of the aliens who took over Terra during the Snow Plauge and the ROTS is BT version of RenLeg's version of new Roman Empire or as it's called Terran Overlord Goverment etc...nothing truely originial or really worth while, but some folks seem to be so proud and happy of and with it that it's the only thing that matters.
Karagin

Fang
01/23/07 12:36 PM

Renegade legion....haven't looked at that in a long time. still have it packed in my closet. I knew about Comstart split, and the WoB fleeing to the FWL and naming Marik as precentor in exile or something. the rest....sounds really annoying. Liek the rest of the MWDA poop I have seen.
NewPharoah_Max
01/23/07 01:41 PM

Karagin, how about letting the WAMEs be tournament legal if that's what all players in that tournament agree on? This wouldn't apply to Clan style tournaments. And since the side torsos expand to form wings how about allowing more critical slots in them?

Edited by NewPharoah_Max (01/23/07 01:57 PM)
Karagin
01/23/07 08:26 PM

If the players agree then you can pretty much do what you want...trust me I have had games where mechs took on grav tanks and folks enjoyed them.
Karagin

Toontje
01/24/07 04:38 AM

they won't be tournament legal; since tournament legal means using the rules as published in TW, they will not be legal. It's a simple rule.

Same with customs, also not tournament legal.
Rather to blow up, then.
Karagin
01/24/07 06:24 AM

You are missing the point, if you are running the game, and folks sign up to play knowing full well what mechs and tech is being used then it's all legal and good to go...

The tournament rules mean and only mean, that there is a common rule base to run offical FANPRO/WK sanctioned tournements. That's it. What you do with your game that you happen to run at a convention is up to you. If you want LAMs then have fun with them, if you want Kanag jump tanks, have fun. If you want paint ball firing ACs then I guess thats' what you have in the game.

As long as all of the players agree and know before hand then there is no issue and it's still a game of BT.
Karagin

Fang
01/24/07 11:03 AM

I want a paint ball firing AC mounted on top of my mini van!
Toontje
01/24/07 12:33 PM

A tournament is not a game, it's a contest. A game, true, use the rules you want and ignore the ones you do not want; in a tournament, KISS principle as well as consistency.

The WK MW:DA tournaments are a good example; worldwide, all rules were the same, where the did change environment (more or less).. Yet worldwide consistency.

then I quit due to monetary requirements of it. (too much to my liking) But the support behind it was good to my knowledge, which resulted in quite some activity everywhere.
Rather to blow up, then.
Karagin
01/24/07 09:04 PM

I agree a tournament isn't a normal BT game, but if you are running a BT tournament and you tell everyone up front that you have LAMs in play then it's up to the folks to agree to play or not...

Also with the new wording of the rules, all games will be tournements since the standard rules ARE the tournement rules...
Karagin

NewPharoah_Max
01/25/07 03:34 PM

So does that mean if a player simply plays a Total Warfare game online with another player that game is considered a tournament game?
Greetings to you too.
Fang
01/25/07 08:49 PM

No....
Toontje has the more acceptable definition of a tournament
Karagin
01/25/07 11:22 PM

Based on the wording of the rules, if you aren't using advanced rules then it would a tournement game...there are no more level 1, 2 or 3 rules sets anymore.
Karagin

Karagin
01/25/07 11:25 PM

Fang, the rules are split between Tournement and Advanced.

Tournement covers all things that are level 1 and level 2 with some level 3 stuff in it. That means any game using just that and nothing from the Advanced rule section of TW is going to be a Tournement game since those are the rules being used.

There is no basic or levels anymore you only have two choices for rule sets.
Karagin

NewPharoah_Max
01/27/07 03:42 PM

That is not a good idea to require all Total Warfare games to be tournament games. What if some players don't want their Total Warfare games to be tournament games? And there's another rule level beyond advanced: homemade.
Greetings to you too.
Karagin
01/27/07 04:38 PM

Homemade rules and weapons etc...are one option that I do use a lot even when running games at conventions.

Unless they reword the TW rules a standard game follows Tournement rules and one that uses what was Level 3 tech would now be an Advanced game.

It doesn't matter if it is at a convention or at home, if there are no advanced rules in play then it's a tournement game.
Karagin

Fang
01/28/07 04:18 PM

so....if you win the tournament, what is the prize? If playing a tournament at home, what does the winner get? To take home the rest of the nachos and mountain dew? Tournament suggests a contest with a winner and a prize to be had, not a game of friends at home. I understand games held at a convention would be held with tournament rules. I also understand a game at home could be held with tournament rules. Just because one uses tournament rules, does not make the game a tournament.
Karagin
01/28/07 05:16 PM

Sigh...until they reword the rule set, all games NOT USING ADVANCED RULES are tournement games. The prize? You won, collect your salavage and get ready for the next battle.

The word is as it is. You have no advanced rules then the rule set in play is the tournement rule set, if you have advanced play items in use then you are using the advanced rules.

There is no middle group. They should have picked different wording or keep the levels for the rules.
Karagin

NewPharoah_Max
01/29/07 03:11 PM

That is not good wording to say that those games are tournament games. That will cause less people to play because they might feel they could be deceived and/or taken advantage of.
Greetings to you too.
Karagin
01/29/07 08:41 PM

Good point, I posted the question over at CBT we will see if they give us something.

Standard and advanced would have been better choices.

UPDATE:

Please go here for the ruling via the PM:
http://forums.classicbattletech.com/index.php/topic,13829.0.html
Karagin

Edited by Karagin (01/29/07 08:46 PM)
Fang
01/30/07 10:16 AM

That does clear things up a bit. ty.
Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | >> (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 140954

Contact Admins Sarna.net