Next Install of Project Phoniex is up...

Pages: 1
Karagin
11/05/02 12:04 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
http://www.classicbattletech.com/SecurityBriefingEta.html[/url]

Over all not to bad. The Stinger and Battlemaster are close to the originals. The Wolverine is looking like it's heading out to Gunfight at the OK Corral, and the Ostol looks like it's running a race in the Olympics or a clone for the Six Million Dollar Man...but it's not to bad, wish though they would remember these are multi-ton machines...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Spartan
11/05/02 12:11 AM

EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!THEY'RE BACK!
Spartan

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

(I refer you to what Nightward said)
realworldviews
11/06/02 08:48 AM

I kinda like them this month...

BUT...

This month they seem a little weak, I'd have to say the worse group so far, but don't get me wrong I do like them, just not as much as most of the other.
Colonel Brian Davis
Gamers United
"Dreams become reality, for all who start off with a dream"
LordChaos
11/06/02 01:47 PM

Wolverine and Battlemaster are acceptable. ost makes me go "it weighs more then some current MBTs. It should act it!". Stinger just is wrong. (Personal preference - I hate rocket launchers on a mech, and hence any mech who's "normal" configuration inculdes them.).
Real mechwariors pilot IS mechs.
Karagin
11/06/02 03:55 PM

I agree with you Rocket Launchers DON'T belong on mechs...
Karagin

Toastrider
11/07/02 12:32 AM

What -are- Rocket Launchers anyways? I must've missed those in a tech update or something.

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
Karagin
11/07/02 01:18 AM

The are one shot (though you can reload them) weapons that some of the Periphery nations came up with. They first saw the light of day in the FM Periphery and are a level 2 weapon. The newist version of the BMR Revised has the info on them in it.

The come 10,15,20 and are a all or nothing weapon. AMS still can shot them down and they have less range then an LRM and more range then the SRM.

They work better on vehicles then on mechs IMVHO.
Karagin

Toastrider
11/08/02 11:57 PM

Basically like a one-shot MRM-30 on this guy, then.

Ugh. Sure, that's a good punch, but damn, only one shot? Better off with an LRM-5 launcher, you'll be able to do more IMHO.

--Toasty
"The survivors, not the victors, write the history books."
Nightward
11/13/02 06:13 PM

Although I am happy to see the Unseen return, and even more happy that the Draconis Combine is starting to get in on the action, I was disappointed with the 'Mechs this month. The BattleMaster is turning into a Zeus-feeling machine, and the Wolverine is now a Griffin. I dunno...The 'Mechs themselves are solid, but they don't "feel" right anymore.
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
NathanKell
11/13/02 09:50 PM

Wolverine maybe ought to have had a RAC...or at least an Ultra AC.
Though, you know me, I love my energy weapons...
-NathanKell, BT Space Wars
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
Thomas Jefferson
Karagin
11/13/02 11:15 PM

I just wish they would stop with the athletic posses...first the Shadow Hawk looks like Bobba Fett or Jango Fett take your pick and now the Wolverine looks like it's Wyatt Eyprt at the OK Corral...and the Ostol...Bruce Jenner would be proud...

Karagin

Rockdaddy
11/19/02 03:29 AM

I think part of the problem is that they just haven't been drawn like they are walking tanks in so long, that the newer "artists" forget that is what they are suppossed to be. So instead of an Atlas looking like a 100 ton mountain of metal, we get stuff like the IICs in 3055 looking like they are dancing a ballet.

And I think a lot of it is a lack of talent. There is just no depth or character in the drawings in any of the TROs with the exception of those done by Loose (3025/3026/3057/3058). And that is why we get just horribly drawn 'Mechs like the junk drawn in 3060 and 3067. At least the simple line drawings in 2750 and 3050, were just that, simple line drawings, not the cartoons we have now with fins and tubes, and this and that jutting out of the side. I keep thinking about how the newer artists do stuff like draw hydrolics when the 'Mech is supposed to have myomers (Bishamon). Or have arms supported by myomer muscles...but we have an arm supported by struts (Sentry). And now every autocannon is multibarreled. And the larger the weapon, the larger the bore to the point of being rediculous. Or parts are so exaggerated to the point that a 'Mech would be horribly off balanced...or feet so small that a 'Mech would litterally sink into the ground.

I liked the idea of redrawing the Unseen if it could have been done with some talent, but the way they are being done is just so bad. Uninspired and cookie cutter at best.
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Rockdaddy
11/19/02 03:13 PM

Pretty much. It's the worst conceived and executed of the new weapons and equipment from the Field Manuals.
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
MacLeod
11/24/02 12:11 AM

Rocket Launchers weren't a bad idea, they were just excecuted poorly IMHO. They were meant more for the role-playing aspect of the game - a cheap weapon that can be easily located and repaired. That's why the Periphery uses them - because they cost close to nothing.

That really doesn't help the fact that they're next to useless on a 'Mech.
Drugs don't kill people, pancreatic cancer kills people.

... and whoever heard of a drug that causes pancreatic cancer?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 200 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6053

Contact Admins Sarna.net