EvilNET Battletech League Season 5

Pages: 1
Highball
01/14/03 11:41 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I would like to let everyone know that the EvilNET Battletech League, Season 5, is going to start on Feburary 1st. This season promises to be the best ever. Season 4 is winding down with only a few playoff games left before we have a Singles Division winner (http://www.wolfhound.ca/EBL/). We also have a new sponsor, Rick Raisley of the Heavy Metal programs. Rick has graciously donated some of his fantastic programs to be used as prizes. As the EBL (EvilNET Battletech League) continues to grow we hope to get even more and larger sponsors, and hopefully expand the EBL to once again include both the Team Division and Solaris Division.

For those that have never played in the EBL let me tell you about it. It is played with either MegaMek (http://megamek.sourceforge.net/) or with any of the IRC clients. The mIRC or pIRCh clients are two of the more common programs used and are free to download. Once you download the IRC program of choice you put "irc.evilnet.net" as the server, "6667" as the port number, and when you are connected you type in "/join #EBL" or "/join #MegaMek". This will take you to the proper channel to find opponents to battle for points.

I hope to see many of you there so we can make Season 5 one of the best seasons to date.
Combined arms is the only way to wage war.
Greyslayer
01/16/03 05:51 PM

Sounds like Dave is still running it (the dirty headshooting scum ). As much as I enjoyed trashing players I think that I will continue to give evilnet events a miss.

Thanks for letting us at Sarna know though.

Greyslayer
Grizzly
01/17/03 10:10 AM

How hard is it to do this and how long does a typical game take? It sounds like a great way to get a PnP battletech fix when I can't get some of my friends over. I would appreciate any info that you can give me. Just drop me a pm. Thanks!
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Vapor
01/17/03 10:33 AM

I'm wondering the same things. lol I wonder if I could make it work for me.
"For those about to rock, we salute you." - AC DC

"The evil that can come, from the heart of a man, must be answered in kind 'till it disappears, and we're safe." - Kansas
Highball
01/21/03 01:05 AM

go to the link in my original message and download the latest version of MegaMek (which has ATM's and Infantry transport enabled) and unzip it. It is all ready to play at that point. Then you just connect to another players computer and let the fun begin. Its very simple to figure out and play.
Combined arms is the only way to wage war.
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 151 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3658

Contact Admins Sarna.net