that lvl 3 tech stuff

Pages: 1
artfuldodger
01/24/03 04:35 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
it says level three, so are all of those ammo types/plasma guns/super weapons/complex rules to remember not canon? (as i hope) or just not tournament? if they are canon, what mechs use them? when were they introduced? in what material? do i need them in my game? (campaign galaxy spanning type games that change the universe slightly, maybe) just asking if they are important to the story really, thanks for your time if you do decide to answer.
Cadet
01/24/03 04:56 AM

Ok, it works like this:

Level 1 is any of the original box stuff. Regular PPCs, autocannons and the like.

Level 2 is any advanced Inner Sphere or Clan stuff. Basically any equipment in the BattleTech Master Rules (Revised) is Level 2. This stuff is always legal in an official tournament with a few exceptions (Artillery comes to mind).

Level 3 is anything else. Some of it may be "canon" and was in a published book (MaxTech, Unbound, THB), or it can be something you make up yourself. Now the trick is almost none of the Level 3 stuff will be found in an Official tournament.

Now as to how canon these items are, you can chalk it up to being "experimental" items. It is totally up to you to use them. The easiest way to introduce them is to have your characters' government or employer issue the equipment to your players for "field tests" or some such thing. Or you can make it permanent.

Something you might want to keep in mind is it is YOUR game. Now if you want to follow the offical timeline and never have your characters do anything earthshattering, then great. Or if you do want them to take over the universe, that's good too. You'll just have to fudge around with making your stuff fit in the "offical" universe. Just don't be intimidated with making it fit. Ignore what you don't like and go from there.
Does not play well with others.
CrayModerator
01/24/03 06:59 AM

L3 = optional rules. The players have to agree to use them.

No mech published in a Tech Readout intentionally uses L3 technology.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
artfuldodger
01/24/03 07:18 AM

thanks guys thats all i needed to know, very speedy of you
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 112 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3179

Contact Admins Sarna.net