Clan military structure?

Pages: 1
Moloch
03/15/03 04:23 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Total newb question, but what is the clan military structure. I can't belive I forgot

1 Point: 1 Mech, 2 Fighters, 5 Elementals
1 Star: 5 Mech, 20 Fighters, 25 Elementals
Trinary: 15 Mech, 75 Elementals

Then there is the Cluster, (45) reinforced Cluster (60 Points?) and Galaxy sized along with Binary. I forget if Binary or Trinary was also used for fighters but I can't seem to find my source book for that info.

Anyone got the total info for it?
Popular Bumper Stickers
“Keep honking: I’m re-loading”
“If you don’t mind, please eject now: that Mech is a **** to salvage"
“I ran out of room to stencil all the Mechs I’ve killed, so now I just go by regiment’s wiped out.”
Bloodrider
03/15/03 07:26 PM

Squad: 5 Infantry
Point: 1 'Mech, 2 Vehicles, 2 Fighters, 5 Battle Armor, or 25 Infantry
Star: 5 Points (usually homogenous but may be mixed in any combination)
Binary: 2 Stars (can be mixed, ie 1 'Mech Star and 1 Elemental Star, but is not classified as a Nova)
Nova: Combined Star, usually of 5 BattleMech Points and 5 Elemental Points which are trained to fight together. Aerospace Fighters are sometimes substituted for the BattleMechs, and garrison Novas (which are rare) are usually comprised of Vehicles and Infantry
Supernova: comprised of 2 Novas when the Clans first appeared, now more adequately described as a Supernova Binary
Trinary: 3 Stars (can be mixed)
Supernova Trinary: this one can be tricky. I have seen Trinaries composed of 1 Nova and 2 regular Stars called this, in addition to 2 Novas and 1 Star. 3 Novas may be possible for this type of unit, but I can't recall ever seeing one with 3 Novas in it.
Cluster: 3 to 5 Binaries/Supernova Binaries/Trinaries/Supernova Trinaries
Galaxy: 3 to 5 Clusters is the norm; however, the Steel Viper Alpha Galaxy in FM:Warden Clans has 7 Clusters, and the Jade Falcon Galaxies listed in the old Jade Falcon Sourcebook had 8 or 9 Clusters in them, so this isn't set in stone so to speak. Also, some of the Galaxies in the Ice Hellion Touman have 2 Clusters in them circa 3060.
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room..." -from Dr. Strangelove
Bob_Richter
03/15/03 07:28 PM

Point: 1 Mech
2 Fighters
or
5 Elementals

Star: 5 points
Binary: 2 Stars
Nova: 5 points 'Mech, 5 points Elemental
Trinary: 3 Stars
Supernova Binary: 2 Novas
Supernova Trinary: 3 Novas
Cluster (3-5 Binaries or Trinaries, Supernova or no.)
Galaxy (3-5 Clusters)
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 69 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3310

Contact Admins Sarna.net