BattleTech Animated Series

Pages: 1
Rudiger
07/17/03 02:48 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Does any one have all the BattleTech animated series episodes, I only have 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
widowmaker
08/17/03 03:26 AM

I'm jealous you even have that many. Where'd you get them; how can I get them?

Gee, been nearly two years... wonder if anyone will remember me.

widowmaker
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Silpheed
10/13/03 01:25 PM

I didn't realize how old this thread was at first, but in case anyone looks at this, I have episodes 1-8 of the animated series. I have no idea how I'd get them to you, though. I got them all off Kazaa, it took about two months to find and download all 8 episodes.
"War is nothing but a duel on an extensive scale." - Clausewitz
widowmaker
10/14/03 06:01 AM

So there were only 8 episodes? And they are on KaZaA? Thanks dude... been wanting those for years.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Silpheed
10/14/03 01:53 PM

Actually, I just found out there were 15 episodes:

Episode 1: The Gathering Storm
Episode 2: Well bargained and Done
Episode 3: Warriors of Light and Steel
Episode 4: Retribution
Episode 5: Trade Secrets
Episode 6: Protect and Survive
Episode 7: In the Belly of the Beast
Episode 8: Bound by Honor
Episode 9: Road to Camelot
Episode 10: The Enemy of my Enemy
Episode 11: Shadow Heir
Episode 12: Homecoming
Episode 13: Trial of Possession

I can't find episode 14 anywhere, and episode 15 is a flashback episode called "No Guts, No Galaxy". It takes about a week of sporadic searching to find the series on Kazaa, and then quite a bit longer to download all of them. I was running Kazaa whenever I wasn't playing a game for about a month before the first four episodes finished. Don't get discouraged though, it's a pretty cool series, if you can stand the animation.
widowmaker
10/14/03 11:42 PM

I just checked my "1st Somerset Strikers" sourcebook; there were 14 episodes, numbered 1-13, with "No Guts, No Galaxy" listed as episode 5a, which explains why you haven't found episode 14.

Anyway, I did a search on KaZaA for "battletech" and "1st somerset strikers" and drew two blanks. In what format do you have them? Do you think you could burn them on a CD and send them to me? I'd reimburse the CD and shipping costs.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
nibbles
10/15/03 07:52 AM

try downloading kazaa lite plus plus 2.0.1
it gives you the option to automaticaly search more and a user rating of 1000. you can leave it serching all night and you'll usually find what you're after...
Monkey and Piggy
Silpheed
10/15/03 01:53 PM

Yeah, I use K++. I should've mentioned that. Once you have that, run a video search for "battletech" and run it overnight. In the morning you should have some of the series and some cool music videos in your results. They're all in Divx format, so you'll need the codec from Divx.com. It also helps if you have Windows Media Player 9 installed. BTW, pm me with your address and I'll try to get a CD to you as soon as I can. You don't need to worry about CD/shipping costs, I have plenty of cheap CD-Rs and the shipping isn't too much. It's just getting to the post office that's the problem...
widowmaker
10/15/03 11:50 PM

Two questions:

1. I went looking for kazaa lite once, but couldn't find it. Where can I download it?

2. The last (and only) time I tried Divx on my machine, it never worked. Is there a trick to it I'm missing?
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Dog
10/22/03 03:24 AM

I was selling CD's on ebay for $2 cause i'm a poor starving college student relocating in a next year. Got all 13 episodes off Kazaa, with a general filter of videos and "Battletech" as the query. Took me 3 months or so to get them all.

Its 14 episodes, well aside from the ficticous 5(or 7)a trick is episode 13 is 2 parts.

Dog
I have 5 left, and another 5(or 7) burned but not packaged. Shipping was between 1 first class stamp and a 2 first class stamps cause I packaged them with a cardboard back cover them with shipping paper and taped it up. Depending on how much tape it was either 1oz (.37) or 1.1oz(.60). Even shipped a few international with no problems.
Silpheed
10/23/03 12:49 PM

Thanks for the shipping advice, that'll help. BTW, widowmaker, I haven't burned the CDs yet. I'm still trying to track down episode 1, which was backed up somewhere the last time I reformatted. I need to get around to burning sometime soon, it's just pretty tedious burning multiple full-capacity cds at 4x ;]
widowmaker
10/24/03 12:40 AM

No problem dude. As you're doing this out of the goodness of your heart, you could ship them next year and I'd still sing your praises.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Silpheed
11/04/03 11:08 AM

Another CD update: I found episode 1, but I found that I never downloaded episode 9. It looks like I may indeed be shipping this next year...
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 8013

Contact Admins Sarna.net