The Star League

Pages: 1
widowmaker
11/14/03 01:32 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
OK, I'm going to take a shot in the dark here. Does anyone have a copy of 'The Star League'? I've looked for it on eBay, but the bids are invariably astronomical. What information does this book contain, and would anyone be interested in selling it? To me, preferably.
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
Grizzly
11/14/03 09:44 AM

I have a copy. It has great background information, just like the house books of the same era. It gives you history on the Terran Hegemony from Admiral McKenna taking control to the fall of House Cameron. I haven't looked at in a while, sorry, but I don't want to part with my copy. I recieved it as a gift from a now deceased friend and fellow gamer. I think that CBT is still looking to eventually put a PDF version up on their site. Probably wouldn't hurt to check out their progress.
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Nic JansmaAdministrator
11/19/03 08:32 PM

test
-- NicJ
widowmaker
11/20/03 12:34 AM

it worked
widowmaker

What's your dice fetish?
CrayModerator
11/24/03 03:03 PM

Supposedly, FanPro is working at producing a free .pdf copy of the Star League Sourcebook, like it's done for the Davion, Steiner, Kurita, and Marik Sourcebooks.

So be patient for a few more months and the SLSB should be available for free.

In the mean time...yes, I think could stand my first printing copy again. Yup, got it for about $15 when it was first released...
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
Silpheed
12/01/03 12:16 PM

Well, if all you want is a PDF, then most of the CBT books are on Kazaa (it really seems like promoting kazaa is all I'm doing on this forum..). I just checked my Battletech folder, and these things are taking up 1.2 GB of my hard drive. However, most of these are just straight scans of the originals, so quality and readability are not guaranteed. Just thought I'd bring up this option, since I just finished reading "The Star League" a couple of weeks ago.
"War is nothing but a duel on an extensive scale." - Clausewitz
Ghost
12/27/03 12:52 AM

The book has a ton of historical information if you are into that. It talks of the Gunslinger tournaments, troop stats, Periph. Wars, and tells you what units were disbanded after the battle for Terra. It also has some very interesting information on the Exodus. Plus there are little stories in the book and one caught my eye...it talks of Kerensky piloting a WarHammer II. I've never seen the stats or even heard of this 'Mech outside of this source book. If you are a Star League fan like myself, I would include this in my collection just for the information it has. However, I can't sell mine. Sorry.

On the downloading thing.....I support it and I don't. When it comes to Battletech, please go out and buy them instead of stealing them.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6735

Contact Admins Sarna.net