Weapon Battle Value Calculator

Pages: 1
Rick Raisley
03/04/04 10:37 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I just posted a new page to my web site, the Weapon Battle Value Calculator page. It uses the same formulas I developed for the HeavyMetal programs, and allows you to calculate (and print if you like) BV calculations and results for any weapon which does damage.

Why publish such a page, when the HM programs already do this? Well, there has been a lot of interest in weapon BV calculations, and maybe players who don't have the program could use this little push, showing the kind of stuff is in the programs. And those who have the programs, should find this interesting too.

But mostly, I've been asked time and time again to explain how weapon BV is calculated. I've explained it, to varying degrees in varying forums. But this time, I not only explain how it works, but calculate and display the results, and take you step-by-step through the calculations. So you will not only know the Battle Value, you will understand the Battle Value; what affects it, and what doesn't.

Stop by, I think you'll find it interesting. And while you're there, take a look at the other Fun Stuff on my new site.

Regards,
Rick Raisley
03/05/04 09:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Not a weapon BV calculator, I've just posted a Battle Value Balancer Excel spreadsheet on my seb site, that you can download for free. It allows you to add up to 100 different 'Mechs for each of two forces, each with its own gunnery and piloting skill, then calculates and displays the total, corrected BV of each side. It even allows the option of including the rather complex Force Size BV modification rules from Operation: Stiletto and Operation: Flashpoint, which attempts to equalize forces of different sizes using BV.

If you don't have Excel, a link is posted on the page to download a free Excel viewer from Microsoft.

The Battle Value Balancer is located here, but please take time to look at the other Free Stuff, Fun Stuff and my new web site in general. Enjoy! ;-)

Regards,
Rick Raisley
heavymetal@bellsouth.net

HeavyMetal Pro, Vee and Lite Home Page:
www.heavymetalpro.com
Pages: 1
Extra information
2 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7040

Contact Admins Sarna.net