Opinions on Quads

Pages: 1
Phantom_Limbs
12/15/03 07:56 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
ive never owned or used a quad before, but now im interested in buying a few. what are some decent quads between 50-70 tons (aesthetically)? a 55 ton quad would be sweet. I use Inner Sphere but please express opinions on clan quads if you have any.
MaddogDCD
01/03/04 10:14 PM

My favorite that I've done is the 65 ton Clan Fire Scorpion. Runner up is the 70-ton IS Barghest. Others include the 85-ton Clan Thunder Stallion and 45-ton IS Bishamon. Things that I like about quads are their stability: -2 piloting skill (with four legs) and no movement cost for turns. The one bad thing about quads are that they are very vulnerable from the back and somewhat from the sides since they don't torso twist.
HardKorHippy
03/03/04 10:04 AM

Quads have to pay to turn, but they can lateral shift. This allows them to move left or right while maintaining the same facing. This type of movement costs one additional MP, although a bipedal mech could do the same thing for 1 more MP.
davion76
03/04/04 05:47 PM

Quads are better at four things:
1) long range fire support - (as long as there is enough crit space) - because the quad restrictions don't matter much
2) Scouting - They can take loose a leg and still get out of dodge
3) Taking a beating and running away - If they loose a leg its not all that big a deal
4) Physical fighting - I get two kicks to your one and better to hit numbers. Not to metion DFAing. NICE +2. Think of a TSM double kick - OWWW! But make sure these units have JJs or Extreme speed.

Quads fit certain roles, don't try to make a quad fit every role.
HardKorHippy
03/04/04 09:25 PM

Only 1 kick according to the Revised Master Rules. Your point about DFA is right though. Irrational when you think bout it (Why should extra legs affect a warriors ability to aim a flying mech?) but it is a solid point nonetheless.
JStallion
05/03/04 05:43 PM

its a bigger base surface coming at u, something standing up is taller and would hit u more powerfully at one point maybe; but a quad would crush u everywhere because its so broad compared to just 2 legs aiming the way.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 7911

Contact Admins Sarna.net