I hate (Classic) Battletech

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
PeterSmith
07/04/02 12:05 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
"Personally MW3 RPG is a load bunk...I don't use it nor does my group."

It's also the current RPG ruleset. It'll be the one supported.

"The House books had errors sure, WHAT PRODUCT of FASA's didn't?"

A continuity editor would have been extremely useful, espically early on.
Peter Smith
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
Karagin
07/04/02 12:22 AM

In reply to:

It's also the current RPG ruleset. It'll be the one supported.

MW3 RPG is another case of FASA not listening to the majority of the fans...whether or not it's the offical one doesn't matter to me since I won't be using it or any of it's products.

In reply to:

A continuity editor would have been extremely useful, espically early on.

I agree with you here...so maybe like NOW would be a good time to get one...
Karagin

Given time and plenty of paper, a philosopher can prove anything.
Durango
07/10/02 02:24 PM

I actually like the MW3 RPG book, it's kind of complicated to read at first but then...learning Btech was pretty intricate at first too....

Did you really give it a shot?
PeterSmith
07/10/02 06:04 PM

MechWarrior 3rd Edition? Oh, I love it. Frankly, 1st and 2nd editions were just pilot factories. 3rd moves away from straight BTech integration, towards more of a stand-alone game.
Peter Smith
Bob_Richter
07/10/02 10:49 PM

>>>Frankly, 1st and 2nd editions were just pilot factories.<<<

1st and 2nd editions were ROLEPLAYING GAMES, every bit as much as 3rd edition is.
They had better Battletech integration, 'tis true, but I hardly see where that is a bad thing in The Battletech Roleplaying Game.

But that's your opinion, and, as wrong as it is, you're still entitled to it.
-Bob (The Magnificent) Richter

Assertions made in this post are the humble opinion of Bob.
They are not necessarily statements of fact or decrees from God Himself, unless explicitly and seriously stated to be so.
:)
Greyslayer
07/11/02 03:41 AM

I agree with you Bob.

Why call something "mechwarrior" if it deals with everything but? Mechwarrior 1 and 2 were true to the name, I hardly see why #3 deserves the same right as the other two obviously closer to the name versions.

Greyslayer
Warner_Doles
07/11/02 08:52 AM

1st and 2nd editions were ROLEPLAYING GAMES, every bit as much as 3rd edition is.
They had better Battletech integration, 'tis true, but I hardly see where that is a bad thing in The Battletech Roleplaying Game

Sorry Bob to disagree with you. As I have been Role-Playing now for over 25 years and I have found both MW1 and MW2 lacking in detail. MW3 has far more detail in my personal opinion to satisfy my needs as a Role-Player and as a GM. I find MW3 as a Role-Playing system as good as 'Twilght 2000', 'Traveller', Gamma World, Mercenary, Spies & Private Eyes' just to mention a few.

But that's your opinion, and, as wrong as it is, you're still entitled to it.

Correct its his opinion, just like you are expressing your opinion. Pray tell how do you prove to him and I our opinions are wrong? Just because you say so? I would then counter with, "Get some time in life in Role-Playing before you tell me my opinion is wrong!" Anyway, we all have our opinions. They are neither write or wrong because they are based on our personal preferences. And I believe when MechWarrior 3 Companion comes out we'll have a better gaming system too.

Durango
07/11/02 05:31 PM

Bleh.

I hate to be put in the position of agreeing with Warner on anything.

But MW3 is better, and MW2 and MW1 were severely lacking in flavor or substance. (And that's 24 years of RPG talking.)

Now, if you will excuse, me I need to go rinse my mouth out. Feels like someone took a swing through it with a manure rake.
PeterSmith
07/11/02 06:27 PM

"Why call something "mechwarrior" if it deals with everything but?"

The game still includes MechWarriors. They're just no longer the focus of the RPG.
Peter Smith
Warner_Doles
07/11/02 08:59 PM

If you cannot reply in a mature, respect and adult manner without your inciteful and inflamatory remarks:
In reply to:

Now, if you will excuse, me I need to go rinse my mouth out. Feels like someone took a swing through it with a manure rake.

Then do not reply to any of my posts. Thank you.

Cheapbuzz
07/12/02 09:26 AM

So was this said in a mature and respectful manner?????

"You are a troll. You have done nothing but spout out hateful words at anyone that says they like the game. I have personally read all 40 of your posts on CBT and Peter was right in banning you because you are a Troll."
Warner_Doles
07/12/02 05:18 PM

Nope it wasn't. He pissed me off. I didn't catch myself in time. I screwed up and let my emotions get the better of me. No excuses. I am man enough to own up to my mistakes. For stating that to him I do apologize. No matter what I should never had spouted off like that. I was wrong.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 29944

Contact Admins Sarna.net