Terrorism.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Durango
07/10/02 02:45 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
In reply to:

"They do not want a country. They want our country, my country. And we're damn straight not about to give it to them. Would you ? "

And from where did you obtain "your" country? The sins of the past do not justify sins of the present; you don't have to believe all the propaganda and "history" you're fed.

You obviously feel more strongly about it than I do. Let me ask you a question...if the Indian Nation tribes in the US began a bombing campaign on places in Minnesota and South Dakota, saying that they wanted thier own country, would you insist that the US population of those states move out?

...or would you send in extra government forces to pacify them?

Because from where I'm sitting, the Israelis are there now...and they're not about to move. Throwing temper tantrums about who's land it is seems almost moot at this point.

Keep in mind that I've already said that we should arm both sides and let them duke it out...I'm pretty sure that if the Native Americans had been armed with a little more determination and a LOT more weapons, the shape of the US could be quite different...

In reply to:

BTW, using Bush's "war on terrorism" to draw a parallel between Israel's actions and those of the Bush government will not necessarily garner you a lot of support from US citizens...

Not unless you're a Republican Jew. Viewpoints being relative, and all.
Anson
07/11/02 06:25 PM

I think it was obtained from British actually who let Jews immigrate into the area... then they were left to fend for themselves and they did, quite well actually.

>>BTW, using Bush's "war on terrorism" to draw a parallel between Israel's actions and those of the Bush government will not necessarily garner you a lot of support from US citizens... <<

No, but Palestinian suicide bombings on civilian targets will.

Anson
DireWolf
07/12/02 05:52 PM

"And from where did you obtain "your" country? The sins of the past do not justify sins of the present"

We have obtained our country through the consession of the British government and the decision of the UN. We accepted the division of the land of Palestine into two states, one is the state of Israel, the other an arab nation. We agreed to do as the UN wished, the arabs did not. They tried to exterminate us in turn, we fought and won. I wear the colors of the Brigade which stopped cold the Egyptian drive towards Tel Aviv. It was not the last war, either. They tried again, and they lost.

So in the end, this is our land, as given to us by the UN, and as defended in many wars we never did start. So if they wish it back by crying "foul" and saying we oughtta give it back, they are out of luck.

"you don't have to believe all the propaganda and "history" you're fed"

I do not know what you mean by that. But if that is going where I might suspect it, then I will not even bother responding.

"BTW, using Bush's "war on terrorism" to draw a parallel between Israel's actions and those of the Bush government will not necessarily garner you a lot of support from US citizens..."

Nor were I trying to appeal to the mass populace. Only to those who are not hypocrites.
-Lt. Lev (Res. Inf.) "Dire Wolf" Arris, IDF.

"What is it like fighting the Wolf ? Imagine a lightning with legs, an earthquake with arms, a catastrophe with genius or just pure hell on wheels".
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 10075

Contact Admins Sarna.net