Whats your favourite clan, great house, etc.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Grizzly
03/13/04 04:19 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Ok, here is the current force list from FM: Updates. Many of the regiments/Galaxies are under strength due to recent combat. (sorry too much work to list each individually with strength percentage ) Also, many of the naval assets are on paper only, due to damage or incomplete construction. This should clear up any confusion, enjoy!
DCMS:62 Regiments 14 Warships

AFFS: 66 Regiments + 2 Battalions 15 Warships

LAAF:73 Regiments 8 Warships

FWL:66 Regiments 40 Warships

CCAF:42 Regiments 8 Warships

Comstar:50 Divisions 34 Warships

WOB:10 Divisions 5 Warships

FRR:5 Regiments

SLDF:6 Regiments

Nova Cats:7 Galaxies 26 Warships

Blood Spirits: 7 Galaxies 3 Warships

Fire Mandrils:5 Galaxies 7 Warships

Hell's Horses:9 Galaxies 10 Warships

Ice Hellions:6 Galaxies 13 Warships

Jade Falcons:11 Galaxies 21 Warships

Star Adder:13 Galaxies 26 Warships

Wolf:9 Galaxies 11 Warships

Cloud Cobra:6 Galaxies 15 Warships

Coyote:8 Galaxies 13 Warships

Diamond Shark:8 Galaxies 18 Warships

Ghost Bear:13 Galaxies 7 Warships

Goliath Scorpion:8 Galaxies 16 Warships

Snow Raven:7 Galaxies 37 Warships

Steel Viper:9 Galaxies 14 Warships

Wolf in Exile:3 Galaxies 8 Warships
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Grizzly
03/13/04 04:22 AM

Look at my new post. I have listed the info from FM:Updates. This should clear up any "confusion". Enjoy!
"I am but mad north-northwest, when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw" Hamlet
Toontje
03/13/04 10:30 PM

Wow, the CCAF has had a good comeback i'd say. 2/3th strength of ye average other house.

Lyrans obviously most 'mechs, since they got little other pre.

This list results in the conclusion: House Liao rules! Best morality, due to all houses being equal, and it has the weakest military. And still standing.
Rather to blow up, then.
neven
03/14/04 12:33 AM

at least i am not like nightward, some dude who spends 18 hours a day on sarna, contemplating about his crapass attitude, thinking everybody is a dick...
-***"ADAPT TO SURVIVE"***-
Toontje
03/14/04 06:52 AM

No? You're sure?
Rather to blow up, then.
Thor_Mech
03/14/04 05:16 PM

Yes, House Liao has the least number of units compared to the other houses, but they also have the least number of worlds that they need to garrison (FRR excepted). It's too bad most of the Davion Guard regiments got destroyed during the civil war...
"Even after all these years, walking through the ranks of 'Mechs still gives me the chills"
- Intelligence Secretary Justin Xiang Allard
Outreach, 21, Sept 3051
Toontje
03/14/04 06:21 PM

We're working to get the number of worlds in line with historical borders.
Rather to blow up, then.
neven
03/15/04 04:24 PM

did you guys look closely at the inner sphere map of 3132?
ther is no FWL, they are a broken nation filled with petty empires, interesting eh?
and no more FRR, they got absorbed by the ghost bear dominion,
the inner sphere is very different for the one we know...
Toontje
03/16/04 05:19 AM

We're not in 3132, we're in 3067. 3132 would be MWDA, not CBT.
Rather to blow up, then.
Thor_Mech
03/18/04 03:30 PM

I like the original... I don't like Dark Age...
"Even after all these years, walking through the ranks of 'Mechs still gives me the chills"
Outreach, 21, Sept 3051
Toontje
03/19/04 06:11 AM

I like 2800, when the CC kicked butt and was one of the largest empires. After that there was a momentary decline.

Seriously, I like the old storyline up to the clans, but that because the clans united the IS. I don't want an alliance with those smelly Davionists, yech! Even Lyrans who would sell their mother into slavery to the dragon, while trying to buy the mother of a Free World Leaguer, are better. The clans have their pro's, but I'm not into that.
Rather to blow up, then.
neven
03/20/04 03:21 AM

hmm, what about the Word of Blake jihad, the first target was outreach, they decimated the population, destroying the continents and nearly killing the wolf's dragoons, that is some serious damage there huh?
Death_Fire
05/04/04 11:20 AM

Here are my choises:

Clan-
Ghost Bears

Great House-
Draconis Combine (if you have the guts to take on the clan mechs one on one I gotta respect ya)

Periphery State-
They're all crap.

Merc-
Wolf's Dragoons (best mechs, best pilots, best tactics)
The winning team is the first team that wins!
-Hitchikers Guide To The Galixies
JStallion
05/04/04 09:38 PM

neven others have already said it, this isnt mech warrior dark age. with the exception of clay, who doesnt mind it, and obviously you, i dont know of anyone else on here who likes MWDA. we're in 3067 not any farther than that, so enough about "well in a hundred years this and this happens" no one cares because its not a hundred years from now. stick with CBT on here, not MWDA.

"what about the Word of Blake jihad" NO ONE CARES. people hate MWDA, the word of blake jihad is sh*t because they broke the ares conventions and the whole MWDA storyline is crap.
"that is some serious damage there huh? " well yeah, if youre playing a game where u fight with sticks and somoene pulls out a gun and shoots u, thats a little more "damage" than fighting with sticks isnt it?
Thor_Mech
05/10/04 03:35 PM

MWDA sucks. For the first time in a LONG time, I've stopped buying the books. (Though I was very happy when they rereleased the Legend of the Jade Pheonix Trilogy!) (Endgame ended too soon...)
Outreach, 21, Sept 3051
JStallion
05/11/04 10:13 PM

jade phoenix trilogy...drool..... started and finished that on my trip/layovers on my way back from florida this fall when i saw it for the first time in a borders at the air port
CrayModerator
05/12/04 01:11 AM

Quote:

with the exception of clay,

CRay.
Quote:

stick with CBT on here, not MWDA

The board is still open for discussion on general BT topics, including MWDA. If you don't like MWDA, it's fine to say so, but trying to censor someone else's right to post for wanting to discuss MWDA is pretty weak.
Quote:

the word of blake jihad is sh*t because they broke the ares conventions

While the Word has gone beyond the accepted norm of BT combat, the Ares Conventions have been not been in force for 500 years. Virtually every combatant in every battle of every war since the Reunification War (2575-2595) has violated the Ares Conventions. The Star League wiped its ass with the Conventions during the Reunification War when it butchered Periphery civilians, Amaris and the Star League killed a billion civilians during the Star League civil war, the exiled SLDF violated every rule of the Ares Conventions during the Exodus Civil War on the (future) Clan home worlds as it slaughtered civilians and resorted to WMDs, the First and Second Succession Wars are close approximations of the Jihad for civilian fatalities, and the Third Succession War and later wars only followed a crude parody of the Conventions.

You can say "I don't like WoB because it violated the accepted norms of BT combat," but saying "WoB isn't [censored] because it broke the Ares Conventions" implies every other faction is [censored], too, and I don't think you meant that.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Edited by Cray (05/12/04 01:13 AM)
CrayModerator
05/12/04 01:12 AM

Quote:

MWDA sucks. For the first time in a LONG time, I've stopped buying the books. (Though I was very happy when they rereleased the Legend of the Jade Pheonix Trilogy!) (Endgame ended too soon...)

There you go, JStallion. That's an example of how to respond to MWDA posts you don't like.

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.
JStallion
05/15/04 11:39 AM

Quote:

Quote:

with the exception of clay,

CRay.

sry about that one
Quote:

The board is still open for discussion on general BT topics, including MWDA. If you don't like MWDA, it's fine to say so, but trying to censor someone else's right to post for wanting to discuss MWDA is pretty weak.

i meant in this thread because i doubt everyone whos posting in here cares that much about MWDA, im sure theres a few exceptions but when discussing favroite great houses or clans etc. those who dont know MWDA wouldn't be posting about it. so to start posting about what happened here or there in MWDA while theres those in the room who refuse to even buy the books of it is just pointless because they dont care about MWDA

Quote:

Amaris and the Star League killed a billion civilians during the Star League civil war

not positive, but pretty sure people didnt like amaris's actions

Quote:

the exiled SLDF violated every rule of the Ares Conventions during the Exodus Civil War on the (future) Clan home worlds as it slaughtered civilians and resorted to WMDs

correct me if im wrong but i believe the ares conventions was agreed upon by the house lords. the exiled star league left the inner sphere and were no longer under the convention's rules. or the clans for that matter and their doings would be uneffected by any code except their own. (even though theyre all about honorable combat and such acts would be considered unhonorable) however in trials of annihilation they destroy everything that clan had, including civilians. its apart of who they are and its just what they do. the ares conventions dont dictate their own rules

Quote:

You can say "I don't like WoB because it violated the accepted norms of BT combat," but saying "WoB isn't [censored] because it broke the Ares Conventions" implies every other faction is [censored], too, and I don't think you meant that.

true i didnt mean that but the whole idea of WOB becoming a powerhouse w/o anyone else knowing about it then going and bombing the hell out of ppl makes them $hit. do i think kindly of the old star league killing periphery civilians? no. but as u said, they rival the jihad casualties, but still dont add up to them. senseless killing is a waste, and i believe WOB is $hit for causing that waste.
Nightward
05/15/04 07:12 PM

Neven only switched to the MW: DA setting when it became clear he couldn't win in the CBT debate. And even then he came up with toal BS, but by that stage I was too tired o flaming down the little troll to call him on it.

Meanwhile, quit with the Thread Necromancy. This Thread was dead for some good reasons
Yea, verily. Let it be known far and wide that Nightward loathes MW: DA. Indeed, it is with the BURNING ANIMUS OF A THOUSAND SUNS that he doth rage against it with.
CrayModerator
05/15/04 08:05 PM

Quote:

i meant in this thread because i doubt everyone whos posting in here cares that much about MWDA

Irrelevant. If you don't like what someone is talking about, either a) ignore them, or b) tell them you don't like what they're talking about. But trying to silence someone is lame.
Quote:

correct me if im wrong but i believe the ares conventions was agreed upon by the house lords. the exiled star league left the inner sphere and were no longer under the convention's rules.

That's not exactly the correct break point for the SLDF. Every House, including House Cameron/Terran Hegemony, had violated the Ares Conventions 200 years before the SLDF left the Inner Sphere - the behavior of the Houses and SLDF during the Reunification War amounted to those noble crusaders using the Ares Conventions for toilet paper. The SLDF continued to apply the Ares Conventions to its buttocks during the Amaris Civil War, matching the Rim World Republic's atrocities. The Star League basically never obeyed the Ares Conventions, EVER.

JStallion
05/16/04 03:37 PM

you failed to see my point.

Quote:

the exiled SLDF violated every rule of the Ares Conventions during the Exodus Civil War on the (future) Clan home worlds as it slaughtered civilians and resorted to WMDs,

youre saying that the exiled star league violated it, well yeah they did but it didnt apply to them because they were no longer under its doctrine. yeah the old star league broke it b4 they were exiled but thats not what im getting at. saying the exiled star league broke it is pointless becausethe conventions had nothing to do with them. One houses' rules dont apply to another houses' etc. so why would the ares conventions apply to the exiled star league who was no longer among those who claimed they would follow it?
JStallion
05/16/04 03:40 PM

Quote:

Meanwhile, quit with the Thread Necromancy. This Thread was dead for some good reasons

the biggest gap between posts is 2 months, then it stayed constant again after that...
Crusader9281
05/16/04 07:19 PM

ooooh. tough one. dont usually care for the clans, but I'd have to say Clan Wolf. MY favorite house, would be the Federated Commonwealth(before Katherine got a hold of it). and I really dont pay any attention to the periphery states. I like clan wolf because thye fight honorably but not rigidly like some of the other clans. and the federated commonwealth because they have some of the most awesome mechs and aren't afraid to use less than nice tactics.
CrayModerator
05/16/04 07:45 PM

Quote:

One houses' rules dont apply to another houses' etc. so why would the ares conventions apply to the exiled star league who was no longer among those who claimed they would follow it?

I guess we're talking past each other. You seemed to say that the SLDF-in-exile was freed from the Conventions once it left the Inner Sphere; I pointed out that the SLDF violated it long before it left. That seems to be ironed out now.

However, going back to the point: saying the WoB is lame because it violated the Conventions doesn't mean much. Many of the pinnacles of "good guyness" in Battletech violated (and continue to violate) the Ares Conventions, sometimes greviously. All of the Inner Sphere's Houses broke the Conventions as badly as WoB, as did the SLDF. WoB is hardly alone in the category of a violator of the Conventions. Even the Federated Suns and Lyrans were using nukes in the FC Civil War.

Edited by Cray (05/16/04 07:56 PM)
JStallion
05/16/04 09:37 PM

i agree with you that theyve all broken it, but you cant say

Quote:

All of the Inner Sphere's Houses broke the Conventions as badly as WoB

Because they just didn't. the jihad's fatalities easily out-shadowed what the houses/SLDF had done.

I don't like WoB for what they did. That doesn't mean i like that the old SLDF did the same things or even the other houses, personally i like the clans more than the houses even. you said in the fedcom civil war they did those things, i read the novels and mustve been too tired one night and missed that; or just can't recall it right now. also dont have the field manual for it so wouldnt have read it there, if you could enlighten me on what happened there (using nukes wise at least) i'd greatly appreciate it.

anyway, when saying for neven to not talk about MWDA i wasnt trying to censor him, was just kinda saying it because in lots of threads i see ppl will be talking about CBT and he'll come in talking about what happened in MWDA as though that effects what should or will happen in CBT. personally i see MWDA as completely different than CBT, not like its the same inner sphere and clans just in the future. It kills me to see them trying to play it off as though those stupid events would happen in the greatness that CBT is. the jihad was pretty much a big "reset" button so they could form the battletech universe in their own interests (cant blame them though, its a lot of new people working on it and they might not like what the others had going) i however do like what was happening and loved it in fact. so seeing those things unfurl in MWDA as though they would happen in 60 or so years after CBT is like a kick in the nuts.
Toontje
05/17/04 04:47 AM

Quote:

Quote:

All of the Inner Sphere's Houses broke the Conventions as badly as WoB

Because they just didn't. the jihad's fatalities easily out-shadowed what the houses/SLDF had done.

Hmm, SWI and SWII were pretty vicious too, altrough it was a little bit less scorched earth tactics as all sides tried to gain control (before deciding they could not get/were about to lose) before blowing it into oblivion.

You guys sorted out or ready to start all over again? Maybe let a battle decide using megamek or so, winner takes all, loser ehm.. does not take all.
Rather to blow up, then.
CrayModerator
05/17/04 07:16 AM

Quote:

Because they just didn't. the jihad's fatalities easily out-shadowed what the houses/SLDF had done

No, the Jihad is on par with the First and Second Succession Wars. The forthcoming House Steiner Handbook will be illuminating on the level of WMDs and scorched earth tactics used in those wars.

Re: FedCom Civil War nukes: Leftenant General Annette Leyland stumbled on a nuke stockpile (50 weapons) and decided to use them (pg94-95 FCCWSB). She used them on the planet Axton. She used two initially ("because she was backed into a corner"), then six more against the furious counter-attack, and 6 more by the end of the week (a total of 14). Another was used on Martlette (pg124-125); Leyland attempted to use more on Martlett, but one weapon malfunctioned and the fighters carrying the others were shot down. Leyland fled with a core of loyalists and, it's thought, 6 nuclear weapons. Her whereabouts are unknown.

JStallion
05/17/04 02:22 PM

Quote:

No, the Jihad is on par with the First and Second Succession Wars.

hmm mustve misread my facts then but was pretty sure the jihad was still greater than those. Even if it were tied completely with those though SWI and SWII are considered horrible events and WoB is wrong for recreating them.

About the fedcom civil war, that was merely one general whod screwed up and did something stupid, its not as though the entire loyalist or alliance forces were using them as WoB had numerous people sending off those bombs.
CrayModerator
05/17/04 05:48 PM

Quote:

hmm mustve misread my facts then but was pretty sure the jihad was still greater than those.

Within a factor of 2, yes. But after the first trillion dead, who's counting?
Quote:

About the fedcom civil war, that was merely one general whod screwed up and did something stupid,

Yes.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Extra information
1 registered and 190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 71180

Contact Admins Sarna.net