Crew: 3 0 0
Armor Factor: 134 1 7
Internal Armor
Structure Value
Front 5 30
R/L Side 5/5 28/28
Rear 5 20
Turret 5 28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRIMARY CONFIGURATION
Weapons & Ammo Location Heat Item Tonnage

ER Large Laser Turret 12 1 4
ATM 9 Turret 6 1 5
Streak SRM-2 Turret 2 1 1
Targeting Computer Body 1 1
ER Ammo(ATM 9)35 Body 1 5
Ammo(Streak SRM-2)50 Body 1 1
2 Heat Sinks Body 2 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIGURATION A

ER PPC Turret 15 1 6
Streak SRM-4 Turret 3 1 2
Active Probe Body 1 1
ECM Suite Body 1 1
Targeting Computer Body 1 2
Ammo(Streak SRM-4)25 Body 1 1
5 Heat Sinks Body 5 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIGURATION B

Large Pulse Laser Turret 10 1 6
Streak SRM-6 Turret 4 1 3
ECM Suite Body 1 1
Ammo(Streak SRM-6)30 Body 1 2
Cargo Body 1 5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIGURATION C

Med Pulse Laser Turret 4 1 2
Streak SRM-2 Right 2 1 1
Streak SRM-2 Left 2 1 1
ECM Suite Body 1 1
Ammo(Streak SRM-2)50 Body 1 1
2 Heat Sinks Body 2 2
Cargo Body 1 5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIGURATION D

ATM 9 Turret 6 1 5
ATM 9 Turret 6 1 5
ECM Suite Body 1 1
ER Ammo(ATM 9)86 Body 1 8

A slight variation of Clan Hell's Horses's Epona Pursuit Tank
happyguy49
12/08/16 04:59 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I'm glad you posted this, 50 ton hover omni's are one of my FAVORITE types of units to kit out The Epona and Zibler are the two best book hovers, in my opinion.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Epona

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zibler

I think the Epona is the inferior design though, the engine is too big. This cuts 4.5 tons off its pod space in exchange for one more measly cruising MP or two flank. (and makes it more expensive.) In contrast, Zibler has a 165 engine, which meets the minimum 20% that a hover is required to have, but still has enough speed (moves at 8/12), and gives it 19 tons to play with! You can do a lot with that. For instance, here are some I've come up with:

-a solid hover MBT with dual big-guns, a Large Pulse Laser and an LB10-x.

-ER PPC main gun with iATMs; big hole puncher with decent crit finding/extreme range. (your A is like that)

-an IFV or 'armed APC' design with a Plasma Rifle, trio of AP Gauss, and 8 ton infantry bay.

-a rather good 'pursuit' unit, rocking a supercharger, with a loadout centered around a Sniper Cannon; this is for running down fast units and targeting their hex with a 20 point explosion (that's enough to drop most scout mechs, fast hovers, VTOLs, etc.)

-a BRUTAL mech-killer with an Ultra AC/20, and NINE micro pulse lasers to find the holes punched by the Ultra. (speed the hover to the hex immediately BEHIND an enemy assault mech, fire the cannon first, then pulses... with not too much luck, you punch a hole in thin rear-torso armor, then almost guarantee even further crits with multiple pulse hits.)

-the funkiest one I came up with has five(!) ER medium lasers. Requires 15 tons just for heat sinks right? Not if they are insulated! (insulators take a point of heat off for only half a ton, almost like a 'vehicular double heat sink' in this case.) That one can do 35 damage if you have clan lasers.

If you spend a LOT of money on an XL engine, speed goes up to 10/15 like your tank, engine still only weighs 10.5 total, but you could buy THREE 8/12 hovers for the price of one 10/15. Not worth it.

EDIT: don't forget jump tanks! Jump jets can be part of an Omni configuration. (although I prefer to have Armored Motive System on a jump-tank, a hover is unlikely to immobilize itself... so you can make a configuration with 8 jump MP for four tons. Fun stuff!)

Edited by happyguy49 (12/08/16 05:33 AM)
happyguy49
12/09/16 05:26 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Thought to mention I made a configuration with one ER Large Laser (with TC), and TWELVE m-pods! 12*15, 180 possible damage, all in individual 1 point clusters. Bad news! Laser keeps it useful as a sniper before/after its charge to point black range and MEGABOOM.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 230 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Nic Jansma, Cray, Frabby, BobTheZombie 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3414

Contact Admins Sarna.net